• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GunPal now Gpal

Vanns40

I thought about this for a while before posting and freely admit it's one persons perspective. Here goes. I was a huge fan of Gpal when it came out. Any alternative to PayPal was fine with me. They were quick to transfer funds, quick to answer the phone. Now, all that has changed.

In the past month I've emailed them THREE times asking for help. All I get is an automated email response with a new case number saying they'll reply in 24 hours. They never reply. I've tried to phone them. For two days every time I call the phone is answered and then the call is disconnected. Today, there is a recording saying no one is available and I should leave a message.

Something is going on in that company. I don't know what it is but I'm not taking any chances with my money.

Dave Vann

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I thought about this for a while before posting and freely admit it's one persons perspective. Here goes. I was a huge fan of Gpal when it came out. Any alternative to PayPal was fine with me. They were quick to transfer funds, quick to answer the phone. Now, all that has changed.

In the past month I've emailed them THREE times asking for help. All I get is an automated email response with a new case number saying they'll reply in 24 hours. They never reply. I've tried to phone them. For two days every time I call the phone is answered and then the call is disconnected. Today, there is a recording saying no one is available and I should leave a message.

Something is going on in that company. I don't know what it is but I'm not taking any chances with my money.

Dave Vann

They've been a topic for a while now Dave. My gut feeling is that they are in trouble. Other than a lot of red flags, I have no reason to feel that way though and they do have their diehard supporters.

Like a lot of things, I have my opinions and not surprisingly, some think they are radical. My personal opinion is that anyone who buys into the cashless society shouldn't cry when it bites them in the backsides.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
GPal has been having issues for months now. Its a hot topic on many gun forums. They're losing/holding people's money and contact has been limited to one guy who sometimes answers the phone.

Glad that I didn't buy into the madness...

I think soon they'll be known as Gone, Pal!

Last edited:

curtiswr

cashless society

You can see problems with that, on a small scale, nearly any time you go shopping and someone's magnetic strip on their debit/credit card isn't working or the card reader/network it uses is down. It almost guarantees panic, to what extreme differs, in the would-be-buyer.

Never used GunPal, I used PayPal a little bit some time ago, but ever since then really fleaBay has been on K.M.A. notification. Stuff like that does create problems.

Last edited:

grog18b

They are still having major problems, and still holding a lot of folks money. They have $480+ of mine, and have been holding it since July. I posted on Calguns about it snd the posts were immediately deleted. There are a lot of posts there that get deleted, to give the illusion that there are only a few problems, and people are getting paid. I see they pay a couple of people a week, and keep those posts, and delete all the complaints. You can read a lot of uncensored complaints at Auction Arms in their help section. AA pushed Gpal as a payment option when it first came out. I think they are regretting that decision...