• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk HQ in Norfolk

45acpForMe

Their present policy of No Guns except for law enforcement is ludicrous.

They said is was because people want to trial fit guns in holsters? How can one trial fit if guns are NOT allowed? Is a cased gun automatically safe?

Second "only law enforcement?" And who is the more dangerous - the non-uniformed citizen or LE? Don't bother to answer that one. :banghead:

Their policy is that no loaded guns are allowed except for LEO. She told me I could go out to my car and unload it and bring it back.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Their policy is that no loaded guns are allowed except for LEO. She told me I could go out to my car and unload it and bring it back.

Did anyone check it for unloaded/safe or do they just accept the word of another?

If they did check it, do they use an approved unloading station for safe check?

45acpForMe

Did anyone check it for unloaded/safe or do they just accept the word of another?

If they did check it, do they use an approved unloading station for safe check?

When I was onsite, there was one woman working. I am not sure what "checking" she would do if you wanted to bring an unloaded gun in to try holsters. If I was to bring one I would have the mag out and slide locked back and let them examine it.

Since I told her mine "was" loaded she didn't have to examine anything just jumped to the knee-jerk policy statement that I couldn't be there since I wasn't LEO!