Thread: Pure Kustom Holsters: Black Ops Pro

Pure Kustom Holsters: Black Ops Pro

I just order a Black Ops Pro holster from Pure Kustom. The holster is designed to work as both as a IWB and OWB. I called up Rocky, the owner, and he had one for me in stock and he shipped it to me the same day. So, I will be stalking the mail lady soon. I will carry it for a couple weeks and then I will update with a detailed review.

Take some time and look around his site, his holsters look awesome: http://www.purekustom.com

They do look pretty cool. I like the wood-burned grips he offers. Let us know how the holster functions when it arrives.

Fast 2 day shipping! I order on Wednesday and the holster was on my doorstep today (Friday).
    Here some opening pics. The color is dark saddle brown. The loops screw off so you can use it as a OWB.
    I currently have it wrapped in a zip-lock with gun holster to break it in. The holster come extremely tight and this process is supposed to loosen it up.

Last edited by Savage.Detroit; 07-16-2010 at 11:12 PM.

I'll be honest in that I'm a leather holster snob. That being said it looks like you've got a really nice holster there. The stitches are straight and tight to the gun, the molding is crisp, the overall shape/design is good, and the edges are nice and smooth. All things that I look for in a quality leather holster.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

yes you are a good guy even for a marine and i will say thats a nice looking holster. and yes,,,,,if you have to have a leather holster,,,,,,then i guess, and suppose that the one you have is,,fine,,,,, but my holster is still good! yes i am throwing a tantrum! you marines and flashy uniforms and fancy smancy holsters!

nice holster, i will probably buy one with the flag on it they are awesome looking!
    shaun

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    ...you marines and flashy uniforms and fancy smancy holsters!...
    LOL! Yeah, seeing a Marine recruiter in dress blues with the blood stripe is probably 80% of the reason most join up. But you soldiers got your beret now.

Looks like a great holster! I'm considering getting one.

No need for ziplock bags or anything.

Get a hairdryer and heat up the holster using the "HOT" setting. The heat will not harm the finish or the leather. Heat the body side holster so that it's toasty warm. Put it on. Now heat the outside. Keep wearing it and let it thoroughly cool.

Once the holster is back to room/body temperature, test it. You may need to repeat two or three times.

What is happening is that the leather reacts to heat. It expands and contracts around the object. This is why broken-in cowboy boots looks the way they do: you can see the outline of the foot.
    Last edited by 230therapy; 07-27-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?