• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Semper Fi Guns in Nicholasville

flb_78

Drove to Lexington today to unload some more stuff out of the moving container at the ABF depot. Loaded up and headed south. Stopped for lunch in Nicholasville and I saw a banner for "Semper Fi Guns". Decided to check it out. It's a brand new gun shop in a strip mall place. Decent selection of rifles, handguns and ammunition. I walked around for a bit and talked it up a little. I noticed neither counterperson was wearing a handgun. I inquired about it and they both said that they preferred concealed carry over open carry. Both were also former military and rather young. Seems odd to me that someone with a military background and running a gun shop would give up tactical advantage while they were working.

neuroblades

It all depends upon the train od thought that you operate under. Before I had CCDW, I used to OC everywhere and it allowed me to help educate a great many Kentuckians on their 2nd Amendment rights, some loved the idea, others not so much. *LOL* Once I got my CCDW though I had a second option at hand, one the gave me even greater tactical advantage over a potential Bad Guy, the advantage of concealment.

I'll agree with you on the fact that OC would present more of a "presence", so to speak but people see things different ways. Apparently they prefer CC over OC in that setting. I, myself, prefer CC over OC unless I'm in the mindset to educate others that I encounter "out there". *LOL*

I'll have to look this new shop up the next time my travels lead me out west.