• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Place to shoot in Winston-Salem?

HABullock

My coworker in Winston-Salem is looking for a local place to shoot pistol. I been Googling gun clubs etc. So I only found one that is in Burlington, NC which is an hour away.

buzzsaw

I am no longer in the area but still visit friends occasionally. My shooting buddy travels to King to an indoor range/gun shop but I can't remember the name off hand. He is currently touring the US on his Harley so I can't get in touch but a local phone book ought to have the info. I seem to remember a post on another site recently that mentioned a new range opening in Highpoint but unfortunately can't remember where I saw it.

farkles

I have been to Grandview Firearms in Pfafftown. That is pretty close to WS assuming it is still in operation. Check that out

GOATRIDE

The Sportsman Lodge on Dinkins Bottoms Rd. Yadkin County:

Hwy 421 N through Lewisville, cross the Yadkin River and take the first exit. Turn right, you will cross over 421 and it will be on the right.

mekender

Closed, relocated to the Yadkin County location "Sportsman Lodge"

Probably one of the better gun shops Ive been to, Chuck is a fair dealer and a straight shooter. Ray runs a great range and probably has forgotten more about shooting than most of us will ever know.