• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CalGuns Pranks LCAV - Organizers overreact in face of threat of peaceful protest.

Thundar

Come on CALGUNS use FOIA tactics

Wow,

This is the way of the world. Those with power use it to trample on others.

Don't you have FOIA laws in california?

Find out how much taxpayers forked out to pay the only ones to be on standby squish your freedom of assembly rights.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Michigander

While I agree that this was a humorous and fairly positive event aside from wasted tax money, I have two things to comment.

First, pretend or not, I wouldn't want to crash an anti gunner party or any other party any more than I'd want an MOC meeting to be ruined by brady bunch types. I would consider it bad form, regardless of the type of sub human scum I might miss out on the chance to piss off. Second, I don't think I'd ever prank anyone like this. Me and some other men and women walked in and around the Capitol building of Michigan with long guns and side arms, even posing for pictures on the capitol steps and in front of the governers office. This was pre planned as part of the Second Amendment March, and almost welcomed by the capitol folks. But on the other hand, we decided against crashing the party for an anti gun rally set up by Jesse Jackson.

Being an outsider from a categorically different place, I'm not trying to insult or judge the way this was done, instead I'm attempting to provide outsider perspective from a closer to free state with lots of successful activists, just as food for thought.

Last edited: