Thread: U.S. pockets $20.6 bln in sin taxes in FY'09 for Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Ammo.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

U.S. pockets $20.6 bln in sin taxes in FY'09 for Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Ammo.

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-50132620100714

Quote Originally Posted by EXCERPT
    In October 2009, firearms and ammunition excise tax collection climbed 45 percent from the previous fiscal year, the greatest annual increase in the firearms tax revenue in the agency's history, the report said. By comparison, the average annual increase for fiscal years 1993 to 2008 was 6 percent.
    Who was it here, touting incremental gun-control from the right? Here it is in increments of a percent! Compromise is failure on the installment plan. Only the individual end user pays a tax.

Crazy!

Your posts continue to depress me.

I really believe the ATF is illegal in its entirety. Every law they enforce is unconstitutional.

The saddest part of that report is that most of that money does NOT go toward fixing any problems that may arise from illegal activity. It goes to further expand the bureaucracy of oppression by hiring more "agents", buying more surveillance gear, mounting cameras on every street corner, and developing training programs to brainwash street cops that the American People are all potential terrorists, and training business owners, public officials and clergy to spy on their community and spew "slave mentality" propaganda to the citizenry...

I don't mind paying a small tax on alcohol, tobacco, and firearms if that money is actually going to support fighting REAL crime like counterfeiting, smuggling, and distributing dangerous products. But I do have issues with rolling that money back into creating a "bigger monster". The government is NOT supposed to be a corporation--it does NO GOOD to our society when it expands it's numbers, it's power, and it's influence...

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    This tolerable small tax on ATF products is in addition to or instead of your property taxes paying for policing and federal income taxes paying for anti-crime boondoggles?