• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kathleen Dunn (WPR) Show on McDonald vs. Chicago

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Alexa Fritts, NRA spokeswhore

http://www.google.com/search?q=alexa+fritts 91,600 hits

http://tammybruce.com/2010/06/tammys-nra-interviewalexa-fritts.html

Tammy Bruce said:
On Tuesday I interviewed NRA rep Alexa Fritts. We addressed the SCOTUS right to bear arms decision, and the NRA’s bizarre capitulation regarding the DISCLOSE Act. Let’s just say I’m not impressed with their position and it shows. Here’s the podcast for everyone, and TAMs, I have posted it the usual way for you as well.
See comments too.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

The NRA spokesperson actually wasn't too bad. I was surprised that she didn't bite when Kathleen asked if the NRA supported mandatory training.

Brady guy, need I say more? I rather 'enjoyed' the caller that said handguns are only offensive and used the Reagan attempted assassination as an example where the Secret Service had guns and Hinckley still got a couple shots off. :banghead:

Doug Huffman

Banned
You can't get a permit if you have a misdemeanor! There goes half the population, or more.
Is this a statement from this NPR PR piece? By whom please? NPR or NRA?

The GOES NEXUS system allows only traffic violations while not admitting any applicant "convicted of a criminal offense (other than a traffic violation) in any country".

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Is this a statement from this NPR PR piece? By whom please? NPR or NRA?

The GOES NEXUS system allows only traffic violations while not admitting any applicant "convicted of a criminal offense (other than a traffic violation) in any country".

It is in the piece. It had something to do with the new Chicago law.

anmut

Get a permit to exercise your given rights. Alright, I'll take my permit to CC. How much is that? $350?! Okay - can you throw in my permit to eat salt too? Oh and I'll take one that allows me four loaves of bread a week as well. Yes, I know it's for my own good. Thank you government for knowing what is best for me. I am completely lost without your guidance.

Doug Huffman

Banned
You can't get a permit if you have a misdemeanor! There goes half the population, or more.
I was in a jury pool that was lectured at length by the judge on the definition of felony, being liable to incarceration for more than a year - LIABLE - includes diversions and plea bargains et cetera. Then he asked all who thought they might be felons to approach and discuss so that he may decide.

The pool was of a hundred potential jurors. 80, by count, lined up. Sure, not all were excused but these are our 'peers'.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Get a permit to exercise your given rights. Alright, I'll take my permit to CC. How much is that? $350?!

It wouldn't be so bad if the permit was to CC or OC. This is a permit to have a gun in your HOUSE!!!! And if you take your gun outside of your house, to the front porch or into your garage, you are doing something illegal so you would then lose your permit!