• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In the Yuma area...

NY2AZ

Does anyone out there know of a place to shoot outdoors in the Yuma area. I know there is Adair shooting range, but I'm looking to just go out in the dessert, not a range.

I"m having trouble finding something out here since there is a lot of DOD land surrounding me.

Any info would be appreciated.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Blaisdale

Does anyone out there know of a place to shoot outdoors in the Yuma area. I know there is Adair shooting range, but I'm looking to just go out in the dessert, not a range.

I"m having trouble finding something out here since there is a lot of DOD land surrounding me.

Any info would be appreciated.

There is a place called Blaisdale. Head East and North on Hwy 95. Go about 1.3 miles past the Fortuna road lights, there is a narrow asphalt road to your right with a sign for GOWAN MILLING. Turn right there and cross the first set of railroad tracks, then at the next set, which will be at an angle, continue straight, crossing them, onto the dirt track. Stay on the dirt track until you get close the upgrade onto the mesa. Before the upgrade, turn left. You will find numerous tracks to the left, skirting the sides of the little valley. Look for steep slopes on the valley sides to use as backstops. Be sure to travel at least 200 yard into the valley from the original dirt track, because that will get you off of Yuma Proving Ground property. A former YPG property manager pointed this out to me, after he had to ask me to stop using YPG property. They had no problem with my usage, but others had caused some damage, so they posted their property. Nearly all the signs have now been destroyed by the vandals the occasionally come out to Blaisdale.

If you continue up the grade to the top of the mesa, in about another 3/4 mile the road comes to an old abandoned Marine/NG range on the left. You can still see remains of the berms. This is another pretty good spot.

I hope that helps.