• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self defense story, against a chicken

Sparky508

So tonight we had a situation with our rooster, as he decided to attack my duaghter, for the last time. She was riding our ATV around the property and the rooster decided that she would be fair game to attack.
I was carring my USP doing some gardening and weeding, when I heard my daughter screaming like a banshee, which made my wife join in sychronis chorus. I turned to see our rooster, feathers ruffled and claws out beating the tar out of her. She had jumped off the ATV and took off running at a full tilt pace I had never seen her move before, and likely never will again, rooster in hot on her tail.
After a failed attempt by my wife with what I believe was a sprinkler, to disuade the attacking fowl, I got them behind me and ended the attack with one semi poorly placed shot to the bird. We live out in a rural area, but still let the neighbors know what was going on. They had a pretty good laugh and I suspect they were sick of hearing it crow ALL DAY LONG.

Well hope you all get a chuckle out of this one.

Matt85

i had to do the same thing with a rabbit! my folks have a major wild rabit problem on there property any i was helping them get rid of em with a pellet rifle. well i must have stumbled onto a rabbit whole with babies or something because a large (im assuming female) rabbit came out and charged right for me. at first i gave the rabbit a good wack with the stock of the pellet gun but this onley stunned it for a second before it decided to attack again (stupid rabbit). i ended the attack with a single shot from my CZ SP01, the 124gr +p 9mm GDHP made a huge mess outa the rabbit...

its funny now, but when it happened it surprised the **** outa me!

sudden valley gunner

i had to do the same thing with a rabbit! my folks have a major wild rabit problem on there property any i was helping them get rid of em with a pellet rifle. well i must have stumbled onto a rabbit whole with babies or something because a large (im assuming female) rabbit came out and charged right for me. at first i gave the rabbit a good wack with the stock of the pellet gun but this onley stunned it for a second before it decided to attack again (stupid rabbit). i ended the attack with a single shot from my CZ SP01, the 124gr +p 9mm GDHP made a huge mess outa the rabbit...

Monty Python? LOL.......It's only a rabbit..........run away!!!!!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

The energizer bunny was ........de-energized.

k.rollin

I take it that you didn't have the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch then.

KBCraig

Heh.

This reminds me of one of my favorite stories told by my father. When he was about 10, he made himself an English longbow, or at least as close as he could approximate. He stepped out the back door one day intending to go play Robin Hood in the woods, when his mother's bantam rooster gave him a fly-by slash with his spurs. The rooster then trotted right out next to the barn and posed really proud ("Yeah, I gotcha, whatcha gonna do about it, punk???"), which gave Dad just enough time to nock, draw, and pin Ol' Banty to the barn wall.

I grew up in that house, my mother still lives there, and the barn is still standing. There are a few holes in the wall that could be ascribed to arrows.

And, I really miss that old man.

OrangeIsTrouble

Question,were you in city limits, or out in the open country, and if so in the city limits, are you supposed to report the shot to the police?

Sparky508

Question,were you in city limits, or out in the open country, and if so in the city limits, are you supposed to report the shot to the police?

No Poo, were ouy in the styx, for now......... That would be a sweet police report/ 911 call:

"Sir whats your emergency?"

"Uhmmm yea I was just attacked by a chicken."

"Sir, remain calm. Was the chicken armed?"

"Uhhhhm...."

"Sir is the chicken still there?"

"I think I'm gonna have to shoot it."

"Sir, officers have been dispatched, don't shoot it! Go into the house and wait for the officers to arrive."