• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Boulevard Mall in Las Vegas

kootsoup

My wife and I went to the Boulevard mall on Maryland in Las Vegas and the entrance had a sign stating No Firearms allowed.. I know its private property and that is their right. I will not visit there again until they change their policy.

Do you think we should try to send management a letter or email? What do you guys think?? Perhaps if enough folks send emails they might change their minds..

Mas49.56

I have never heard of a mall that didn't have a no guns policy. Anyone know of one anywhere that allows carry?

28kfps

I have never heard of a mall that didn't have a no guns policy. Anyone know of one anywhere that allows carry?

I have carried open in the (IT WAS THE MEADOWS) not Boulevard. I recently made two different trips. Up and down the entire mall in several of the stores including Sears. Had lunch in the food court sitting to make sure my firearm was seen from the main isle. Had the mall cop walk by no problems.

Last edited:

Remmy

While not a traditional mall, the Las Vegas Outlet Center on Las Vegas Blvd is OC friendly.

I would have to agree as the last meet we had we ended up in this very mall with 12 armed citizens and we enjoyed a snack in the food court and basically closed the mall down as hours of operations ceased, we were approached by security once we were outside but nothing was said about not being able to have our weapons. More like a approach and asses if the group of armed men were a threat kind of situation. Not once were we ever told to leave, disarm, or that the establishment was a defense free zone.

Tomas

While I have not personally seen any mall in the states I've been in that was happy having firearms on their premises, and have seen signs saying such on many, many mall entrances, I have also noted that entering many malls through some of the stores with outside entrances avoids having to see and recognize the "rules" on the mall entrances.

Many stores do NOT have such signs on THEIR outside doors, nor on the doorways from the store into the mall proper.

I do CC at malls, and if ever challenged I can very honestly state that the entrance I used did NOT have any sign prohibiting firearms...

(I know, CC at a mall is not OC, but...)

gmijackso

Sounds like the "try to be sure" method applies here. Since the sign carries no legal weight, there's nothing wrong with OCing until you're asked to leave by a human. Sounds like that's what everyone else has done and haven't run into any problems. Curious if the OP tried and was denied or just turned away after seeing the sign? Maybe OP could clarify? My understanding led me to believe they turned away after noticing the sign.

kootsoup

Well, my wife was dead set on getting some funnel cake from the funnel cake store so, because of that, I did not OC.. I didn't want to risk a "disarm or leave" scenario because a wife without funnel cake would've made my life difficult for the rest of the night... anyone who's married knows what I mean ;)

I think if I go there again, I will OC to test the waters and report back. First, I'll make sure the wife gets her cake :)

28kfps

This is from a post I submited On 6-13.
Spent several hours in the Galleria Mall open carrying Once again I walked right by one of the Mall security guards. We were in Dillards, JCPenney, Macy's, Kohlas Later we went to Sam’s club, Wal-mart in-N-out burger. No problems anywhere.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
When this comes up at a store I'm shopping at, I smile, ask for the manager, then politely inform him or her that I'm not willing to be watched putting a thousand-dollar-plus pistol into my unattended car, so I will be going elsewhere to buy.

If I know that corporate policy is to follow state law, I tell the manager what the law IS -- they usually don't know -- and give them a chance to make a correction.

If a mall throws me out, I smile, make a quick note of the name of the person who tells me to leave. I then send copies of my sales slips at the stores where I buy to the stores at the mall where I WOULD have bought, with an explanation of why their competitors got my money, and tell them I'll be going to the other store until I am informed that the policy has changed.

When you deal with businesses, act businesslike and you can get a lot done.

GoDSpeeD

The boulevard mall is owned by a very anti-gun company, as fashion show and town square also. Keep in mind that the boulevard mall has a metro station in it, FYI.

GoDSpeeD