• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unbelievable!!! but real...

BionicJumpy

This week I went to a police station to co-register my new gun under my wife's name also. I was surprised that after 7 WEEKS with the blue card from the gun store, my gun was still not in the system. So I spent more than 30 min while they did another background check and full registration. The employee also asked me to carry it with me all the time. What world do they live in? On top of everything else, there is the comment by the owner of the gun store to the press that it is mandatory to carry the blue card with you all the time.

gmijackso

Why did you feel the need to co register?[/QUOT
She wanted to be sure that she's covered when we travel.

Only the owner of the firearm need register the weapon. The carrier need not be registered.

12.04.110 Registration of pistols within seventy-two hours.

Any resident of the county receiving title to a pistol, whether by purchase, gift, or any other transfer, and whether from a dealer or from any other person, shall, within seventy-two hours of such receipt, personally appear at the county sheriff’s office, together with the pistol, for the purpose of registering the same with the sheriff. It shall be the duty of the sheriff to register the pistol, and he may, and is hereby authorized to cooperate in any manner he sees fit with other law enforcement agencies, and with licensed dealers, relative to registration of pistols, so that efficient registration shall be secured at minimum cost and duplication. (Ord. 3571 § 3, 2007: Ord. 242 § 11, 1965)