• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excam TA-38 Deringer

Batousaii

So, i just picked up a little .38 special O/U-SA Derringer made by Excam i beleive made in the late 80's early 90's. The thing i liked about it was the all steel barrel, not inserted cast. I believe the body is alloy, but has a solid feel to it. took it home, cleaned and oiled it. It function check well, and 1/2 cocks nice and positive, doesnt look like it as used much, just a little external wear. Trigger pull is a bit heavy, but i'm ok with that, could be smoothed up easily without reducing the pull pretty easily. Locks up nice and solid, o am happy with it :)
- I have heard mixed reviews about these little two shooters, some really like them, some think they are junk. I personally feel it needs to be utilized properly and it will be just fine. People have reported they go off if dropped, and indeed if it was not placed on half-cocked then i can see that as a real posibility. I have really gone through this little gun, and how it could ever go off if half-cocked is beyond me. I intend to carry it as a backup to my Ruger Vaquero, or if i simply need a easily hidden mini CC. I understand it's limitations 100% - and it's role will take heed to that. I hope to fire it at the range soon so I can see how far it shoots with any accuracy -lol- yes, i know, it's a Derringer.