Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Yarmouth Clam Festival - July 16 18

  1. #1
    Regular Member damienrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH, ME.
    Posts
    100

    Yarmouth Clam Festival - July 16 18

    Anyone plan to oc at the clam festival?

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by damienrr View Post
    Anyone plan to oc at the clam festival?
    You do! :-) OC everyday, everywhere you go. That is the only way we will make any headway.

  3. #3
    Regular Member damienrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH, ME.
    Posts
    100

    Hats off to all who oc

    I have had a lot of good feedback of what we are doing. I am damn proud to be a part of it. We need to grow in members. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! Sorry I was not able to make it to any of the gatherings thus far, looking forward to the next one. I do believe Sanford should be next.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Augusta, Maine, USA
    Posts
    34
    No, however I will be OCing in the Old Hallowell Day Parade.If anyone is also going I'll be in Lepage gear.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester Maine
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by damienrr View Post
    I have had a lot of good feedback of what we are doing. I am damn proud to be a part of it. We need to grow in members. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! Sorry I was not able to make it to any of the gatherings thus far, looking forward to the next one. I do believe Sanford should be next.
    We will grow in numbers it's just a matter of time. Most people think there going to end up in jail if open carrying. I understand why you want to do Sanford but remember the more often this is done the quicker we will burn out media coverage.
    Last edited by jonjon_jon; 07-16-2010 at 09:04 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member damienrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH, ME.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_jon View Post
    We will grow in numbers it's just a matter of time. Most people think there going to end up in jail if open carrying. I understand why you want to do Sanford but remember the more often this is done the quicker we will burn out media coverage.
    Isnt that the objective, to make ocing so commonplace that it is not worth media coverage? I believe we should be relentless in that pursuit.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester Maine
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarody View Post
    No, however I will be OCing in the Old Hallowell Day Parade.If anyone is also going I'll be in Lepage gear.
    Okay tell us all about it did you open carry? Wouldn't blame you if you didn't.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Augusta, Maine, USA
    Posts
    34
    The parade went off without controversy. I arrived early so I could help set up. I met with Carol Kemmerer who had taken the role of responsibility for the Republican entry in the parade. We carried several banners to the set up point for the parade and met with some Lepage volunteers and staff who were already there. Several State House and Senate candidates arrived with their supporters. Dean Scontras and his large truck arrived to head the entry. I shook Deans hand and wore one of his shirts for the parade. Olympia Snowe dropped by to talk with some people and have photos taken. I did not shake her hand. I will never shake her hand. Snowe left to take her spot at the head of the entire parade so she could then fly off the the Potato festival up north. The parade eventually started and went by without incident. I stuck around to watch the parade finish before heading back to Augusta as I had an afternoon of inventory to take.

    An occurrence of notice did take place once I arrived back in Hallowell around 7pm to watch the fireworks. Two Hallowell PD interrupted a friendly conversation I was having with local religious official (he was handing out religious materials) to inquire about my sidearm.
    Their first question was if I was an officer.
    No.
    Then why was I carrying a sidearm?
    Its my right.
    What was my name?
    Jarody.
    At this point a third person not in uniform presented himself. He is an officer. I recognized him from a previous incident although I'm fuzzy on which one. He told the two in uniform he dealt with me last yeah and that the Augusta PD deals with me frequently.
    The Officer not in uniform and the Hallowell officer that had asked all the questions up until that point stepped away to briefly converse leaving the other officer to ask me:
    Is somebody after you? Are you paranoid?
    (No answer for me,I'm giving him WTF look)
    Do you speak English? I know you've been talking in it.
    " I carry because I never know when I may need to defend myself "

    At this point the first officer is back and interjects is a slightly defensive tone his own pro 2nd amendment stance and a concern that my firearm stay secure then they both left as apparently there was something up the street at The Liberal Cup that required their attention.

    The rest of the night was great. I hung out with a few friends,watched the fireworks, and didn't get home until 8 this morning.
    Last edited by Jarody; 07-18-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: misspelling

  9. #9
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    glad everything went well for you at parade! hopefully will see you in sanford on july 31.

    took to you soon

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    glad everything went well for you at parade! hopefully will see you in sanford on july 31.

    took to you soon
    Sanford on July 31st - an event/meet-up?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    little of both. watch forum
    Last edited by crdonov; 07-18-2010 at 04:40 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member damienrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH, ME.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarody View Post
    The parade went off without controversy. I arrived early so I could help set up. I met with Carol Kemmerer who had taken the role of responsibility for the Republican entry in the parade. We carried several banners to the set up point for the parade and met with some Lepage volunteers and staff who were already there. Several State House and Senate candidates arrived with their supporters. Dean Scontras and his large truck arrived to head the entry. I shook Deans hand and wore one of his shirts for the parade. Olympia Snowe dropped by to talk with some people and have photos taken. I did not shake her hand. I will never shake her hand. Snowe left to take her spot at the head of the entire parade so she could then fly off the the Potato festival up north. The parade eventually started and went by without incident. I stuck around to watch the parade finish before heading back to Augusta as I had an afternoon of inventory to take.

    An occurrence of notice did take place once I arrived back in Hallowell around 7pm to watch the fireworks. Two Hallowell PD interrupted a friendly conversation I was having with local religious official (he was handing out religious materials) to inquire about my sidearm.
    Their first question was if I was an officer.
    No.
    Then why was I carrying a sidearm?
    Its my right.
    What was my name?
    Jarody.
    At this point a third person not in uniform presented himself. He is an officer. I recognized him from a previous incident although I'm fuzzy on which one. He told the two in uniform he dealt with me last yeah and that the Augusta PD deals with me frequently.
    The Officer not in uniform and the Hallowell officer that had asked all the questions up until that point stepped away to briefly converse leaving the other officer to ask me:
    Is somebody after you? Are you paranoid?
    (No answer for me,I'm giving him WTF look)
    Do you speak English? I know you've been talking in it.
    " I carry because I never know when I may need to defend myself "

    At this point the first officer is back and interjects is a slightly defensive tone his own pro 2nd amendment stance and a concern that my firearm stay secure then they both left as apparently there was something up the street at The Liberal Cup that required their attention.

    The rest of the night was great. I hung out with a few friends,watched the fireworks, and didn't get home until 8 this morning.
    The arrogance is absolutely sickening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •