• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yarmouth Clam Festival - July 16 – 18

damienrr

Hats off to all who oc

I have had a lot of good feedback of what we are doing. I am damn proud to be a part of it. We need to grow in members. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! Sorry I was not able to make it to any of the gatherings thus far, looking forward to the next one. I do believe Sanford should be next.

jonjon_jon

I have had a lot of good feedback of what we are doing. I am damn proud to be a part of it. We need to grow in members. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! Sorry I was not able to make it to any of the gatherings thus far, looking forward to the next one. I do believe Sanford should be next.

We will grow in numbers it's just a matter of time. Most people think there going to end up in jail if open carrying. I understand why you want to do Sanford but remember the more often this is done the quicker we will burn out media coverage.

Last edited:

damienrr

We will grow in numbers it's just a matter of time. Most people think there going to end up in jail if open carrying. I understand why you want to do Sanford but remember the more often this is done the quicker we will burn out media coverage.

Isnt that the objective, to make ocing so commonplace that it is not worth media coverage? I believe we should be relentless in that pursuit.

Jarody

The parade went off without controversy. I arrived early so I could help set up. I met with Carol Kemmerer who had taken the role of responsibility for the Republican entry in the parade. We carried several banners to the set up point for the parade and met with some Lepage volunteers and staff who were already there. Several State House and Senate candidates arrived with their supporters. Dean Scontras and his large truck arrived to head the entry. I shook Deans hand and wore one of his shirts for the parade. Olympia Snowe dropped by to talk with some people and have photos taken. I did not shake her hand. I will never shake her hand. Snowe left to take her spot at the head of the entire parade so she could then fly off the the Potato festival up north. The parade eventually started and went by without incident. I stuck around to watch the parade finish before heading back to Augusta as I had an afternoon of inventory to take.

An occurrence of notice did take place once I arrived back in Hallowell around 7pm to watch the fireworks. Two Hallowell PD interrupted a friendly conversation I was having with local religious official (he was handing out religious materials) to inquire about my sidearm.
Their first question was if I was an officer.
No.
Then why was I carrying a sidearm?
Its my right.
What was my name?
Jarody.
At this point a third person not in uniform presented himself. He is an officer. I recognized him from a previous incident although I'm fuzzy on which one. He told the two in uniform he dealt with me last yeah and that the Augusta PD deals with me frequently.
The Officer not in uniform and the Hallowell officer that had asked all the questions up until that point stepped away to briefly converse leaving the other officer to ask me:
Is somebody after you? Are you paranoid?
(No answer for me,I'm giving him WTF look)
Do you speak English? I know you've been talking in it.
" I carry because I never know when I may need to defend myself "

At this point the first officer is back and interjects is a slightly defensive tone his own pro 2nd amendment stance and a concern that my firearm stay secure then they both left as apparently there was something up the street at The Liberal Cup that required their attention.

The rest of the night was great. I hung out with a few friends,watched the fireworks, and didn't get home until 8 this morning.

Last edited:

damienrr

The parade went off without controversy. I arrived early so I could help set up. I met with Carol Kemmerer who had taken the role of responsibility for the Republican entry in the parade. We carried several banners to the set up point for the parade and met with some Lepage volunteers and staff who were already there. Several State House and Senate candidates arrived with their supporters. Dean Scontras and his large truck arrived to head the entry. I shook Deans hand and wore one of his shirts for the parade. Olympia Snowe dropped by to talk with some people and have photos taken. I did not shake her hand. I will never shake her hand. Snowe left to take her spot at the head of the entire parade so she could then fly off the the Potato festival up north. The parade eventually started and went by without incident. I stuck around to watch the parade finish before heading back to Augusta as I had an afternoon of inventory to take.

An occurrence of notice did take place once I arrived back in Hallowell around 7pm to watch the fireworks. Two Hallowell PD interrupted a friendly conversation I was having with local religious official (he was handing out religious materials) to inquire about my sidearm.
Their first question was if I was an officer.
No.
Then why was I carrying a sidearm?
Its my right.
What was my name?
Jarody.
At this point a third person not in uniform presented himself. He is an officer. I recognized him from a previous incident although I'm fuzzy on which one. He told the two in uniform he dealt with me last yeah and that the Augusta PD deals with me frequently.
The Officer not in uniform and the Hallowell officer that had asked all the questions up until that point stepped away to briefly converse leaving the other officer to ask me:
Is somebody after you? Are you paranoid?
(No answer for me,I'm giving him WTF look)
Do you speak English? I know you've been talking in it.
" I carry because I never know when I may need to defend myself "

At this point the first officer is back and interjects is a slightly defensive tone his own pro 2nd amendment stance and a concern that my firearm stay secure then they both left as apparently there was something up the street at The Liberal Cup that required their attention.

The rest of the night was great. I hung out with a few friends,watched the fireworks, and didn't get home until 8 this morning.

The arrogance is absolutely sickening.