Thread: pistol carbine conversion kit

Cool pistol carbine conversion kit

i don't really get the whole folding rifle = handgun thing for OC at all. seems too bulky and attention whoring to me to carry and would take waaaay too long to draw and fire in exigent circumstances. maybe if that's all you had and were waiting to buy a handgun but i saw this in shotgun news and was fascinated.

http://ema.plutog.co.il/viewProduct....=267&catID=376

whole gear to wrap around your handgun and all kinds of accessories like a barbie doll. ad says it converts in 10 seconds and no pistol disassembly required. once again not practical for OC but still frickin' cool. it wouldn't add any power or velocity to your shots but an innovative concept. thought i would share.

ps - if anybody bags on me for not being directly OC related - i am OC in front of the computer right now.

That kit looks pretty sweet. I wish they made more add ons for the M&P's.

Thumbs up Sweet!!!!

That is one BAD A$$ Glock Toy. I personally don't have a need for it but it would make a great "one gun Pistol/Carbine" option for someone that diddn't have the $1000.00 handy to grab an AR15.

And I am fairly certain it is illegal in MI as it would be considered an SBR.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    And I am fairly certain it is illegal in MI as it would be considered an SBR.
    Really? That sucks. You are right! Here is the warning on the next page of the web site.....

NFA Warning

This product is regulated by NFA rules. Transfer of this product is regulated by NFA rules.

This product converts a pistol into a short barreled rifle (SBR). SBR are regulated under the laws of the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA). It is illegal to possess this product unless it is registered with Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives BATF&E (Form 1) or you are a Class 3 Dealer. It is illegal to transfer this product to anyone before they have registered this product with BATF&E.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    There is always Mechtech and their uppers for handguns http://www.mechtechsys.com/ .

Keep in mind that the ATF as of last year holds that once a handgun is made into a rifle, it requires a form 1 to go back to its original configuration.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=227314

Those are neat and all, but I think I would rather get 2 separate pieces so I have a dedicated pistol and SBR that use the same ammo:

http://www.fnhusa.com/mil/products/f...07&mid=FNM0031

http://www.fnhusa.com/mil/products/f...01&mid=FNM0004

Last edited by fozzy71; 07-16-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Now I just need to save up the $3k it takes to buy both of these.... :\
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

That sure would set you back a few dimes FOZZ!

what does the yellow arrow wrapped around my topic envelope on the main page mean? is that good?

Ah yes.. the PS90...

I rented one of those once; got a free gun rental from the paper.

It's by far the most fun firearm I've fired in my 10+ years of shooting. The only gun I think that might be able to compete with the unique characteristics of the PS90 would be the Kel-Tec RFB.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Unsure

Not really sure how I feel about this.

You can get a Kel-Tec sub2000 that takes glock mags for the same price, and it has more barrel length.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    what does the yellow arrow wrapped around my topic envelope on the main page mean? is that good?
    It was moved.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    ps - if anybody bags on me for not being directly OC related - i am OC in front of the computer right now.
    I'm OC and naked in front of the computer right now!

Banned
    I was considering the pistol (5.7), but it looks too toy like, and I really dont care for the trigger. It was either the 5.7, or the Kimber in my avatar, because of the trigger, Im going with the Kimber.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Thumbs up And It Folds in Half

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    Not really sure how I feel about this.

You can get a Kel-Tec sub2000 that takes glock mags for the same price, and it has more barrel length.
    Yes, the Sub 2000. Folds down to 16X9 inches. 16 inch barrel. AND you can use the 33 round Glock mags.
    Last edited by Plankton; 07-19-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."