• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pistol carbine conversion kit

kryptonian

i don't really get the whole folding rifle = handgun thing for OC at all. seems too bulky and attention whoring to me to carry and would take waaaay too long to draw and fire in exigent circumstances. maybe if that's all you had and were waiting to buy a handgun but i saw this in shotgun news and was fascinated.

http://ema.plutog.co.il/viewProduct.asp?ID=267&catID=376

whole gear to wrap around your handgun and all kinds of accessories like a barbie doll. ad says it converts in 10 seconds and no pistol disassembly required. once again not practical for OC but still frickin' cool. it wouldn't add any power or velocity to your shots but an innovative concept. thought i would share.

ps - if anybody bags on me for not being directly OC related - i am OC in front of the computer right now.

Agent1

Sweet!!!!

That is one BAD A$$ Glock Toy. I personally don't have a need for it but it would make a great "one gun Pistol/Carbine" option for someone that diddn't have the $1000.00 handy to grab an AR15.;)

Agent1

And I am fairly certain it is illegal in MI as it would be considered an SBR.

Really? That sucks. You are right! Here is the warning on the next page of the web site.....

NFA Warning

This product is regulated by NFA rules. Transfer of this product is regulated by NFA rules.

This product converts a pistol into a short barreled rifle (SBR). SBR are regulated under the laws of the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA). It is illegal to possess this product unless it is registered with Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives BATF&E (Form 1) or you are a Class 3 Dealer. It is illegal to transfer this product to anyone before they have registered this product with BATF&E.

fozzy71

Those are neat and all, but I think I would rather get 2 separate pieces so I have a dedicated pistol and SBR that use the same ammo:

http://www.fnhusa.com/mil/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=fnf012&gid=fng007&mid=FNM0031

http://www.fnhusa.com/mil/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF003&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0004

:banana:

FNM0031mb.png

FNM0004mb.png

Last edited:

kryptonian

what does the yellow arrow wrapped around my topic envelope on the main page mean? is that good?

malignity

Ah yes.. the PS90...

I rented one of those once; got a free gun rental from the paper.

It's by far the most fun firearm I've fired in my 10+ years of shooting. The only gun I think that might be able to compete with the unique characteristics of the PS90 would be the Kel-Tec RFB.