• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Las Vegas Eric Scott Memorial March!

kootsoup

On another thread the idea was brought up to make a Las Vegas strip OC walk in honor of Eric Scott's shooting. Post if you think this is a great idea and lets try to come up with a plan and notify the media. I think this could get some excellent positive coverage and honor Eric's untimely death.

Perhaps even expand to CC'iers and individuals who feel his death was unjust.

Post your idea's

paintsnow

I think it would be wise to wait until as many details as we are going to get are released. Who knows, maybe they will be able to fix the tapes by then.

It seems like this wont be until the coroners inquest in September, but it would probably be better to wait.

Its funny how theres a bunch of people on here that try to work together with police, we are all on the same side, both good guys, etc. but then can turn on them in an instant when something like this happens.

It would be pretty embarrassing if we did this march, and a week later a video surfaces showing him reaching for his shirt or with gun in hand before dropping it after being shot as stated by metro. At this point, everything is speculation, and even if you are convinced he did nothing wrong, we cannot be sure of that yet, and things might change.

I say its a good idea, but we should wait.

Last edited:

flagellum

We can't jump the gun on this (we're not Metro). Our job right now is to wait, even if it sucks to do so. A lot of people will forget by then, but we won't. When the time comes we need to blow this up Oscar Grant Style.

And as far as the cop love/hate relationship, I don't think anything has changed. Nobody here hates all cops, just the ones who commit crimes. And If the department choses to cover-up said crimes, it would be rational to start pointing fingers at the leadership as well.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Its funny how theres a bunch of people on here that try to work together with police, we are all on the same side, both good guys, etc. but then can turn on them in an instant when something like this happens.

I'm on the cops' side when they deserve it. I'm glad to say that this is most of the time -- but it is not ALL of the time, and I don't let the badge cloud my thinking. Each case is separate and unique.

Cops are NOT on OUR side. The best we can hope for is that our contacts with them are good ones, but they will "turn on us in an instant" if they think they should.

That said, until the video either comes out or is "deemed lost," I am trying to see both sides of this.

If the video doesn't show up, that pretty much tells us that Costco and the cops are protecting each other. But the video may tell us that they were justified in shooting, too.

KBCraig

Given the wide publicity and negative public reaction, if there was any video that incriminated Mr. Scott and justified the shooting, it would have been plastered all over the internet and every major news outlet by now.

Oh, and one thing I'm curious about: I've seen it spelled by "Eric" and "Erik", and possibly even "Erick". Anyone know for sure?

Edit: I did some research, and multiple sources confirm that it was "Erik B. Scott".

Among others, the West Point Association of Graduates lists it that way: http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1994/51662/

Last edited:

kootsoup

I just hope this doesn't swept under the rug.. It seems to be getting a fair amount of press but at the same time, if the public doesn't keep up the pressure... we may never find out the truth. Hopefully more evidence will surface.

liveinVegas

No one can above the law?

Tuesday afternoon, I went to my rental property to collect my rent from O, a BLK male (I just found out he is rapist and still in a crime suit charged as Battery) who owes me rent and utilities for 2 months.
O ran out and called police on me, lied about that I illegally locked him out and my appliances and furniture was his.
Without any doubt, the two police offers instruct him to get into my property to take my stuff.
To protect my property, I told those police that without searching order they couldn’t get into my house then I went to another door in my garage to get O’s cloth, shoes…out, I heard the police told him that he could break into my house to get HIS STUFF, such as TV, DVD…then I heard a gigantic bang in my kitchen…I ran to my kitchen, I found that O throw a huge gardening rock into my kitchen which broken my window…I got totally pissed, the only thought on my mind was just let him took whatever he want and leave me alone, so I tried to throw out the TV which was in the living room right next to the kitchen. Unfortunately it was too heavy, then I grab the DVD and throw it out from the broke window…then I heard the two police were trying to break though my entrance doors…I ran to hide in one of the rooms’ closet…I heard them kicked in…then two guns pointed to my head…then I was arrested and put in jail with two crime charges…I finally bailed myself out on Friday…after I back from the indicial court and went back to that property, O still here, remember he said he got knocked out by me and moved his belonging in front of those police?!And you better believe it, he is still live in my property! While I faces two crime charges, and might be deported for those charges.
I don’t believe that police can break into my property without any court order and while I got arrested, I got malicious injuries…
I left my country, came to this country to pursuit FREEDOM and HAPPYNESS, and contribute 10 years of my best time to her, live here alone with the hope I can get my parents here to cure my loneness after I get my citizenship; I don’t believe I should be treat like this, my citizenship examination is close, I’m in need of legal help…here is my email: fordailyuse@ymail.com

Last edited:

VFORVENDETTA

Tuesday afternoon, I went to my rental property to collect my rent from O, a BLK male (I just found out he is rapist and still in a crime suit charged as Battery) who owes me rent and utilities for 2 months.
O ran out and called police on me, lied about that I illegally locked him out and my appliances and furniture was his.
Without any doubt, the two police offers instruct him to get into my property to take my stuff.
To protect my property, I told those police that without searching order they couldn’t get into my house then I went to another door in my garage to get O’s cloth, shoes…out, I heard the police told him that he could break into my house to get HIS STUFF, such as TV, DVD…then I heard a gigantic bang in my kitchen…I ran to my kitchen, I found that O throw a huge gardening rock into my kitchen which broken my window…I got totally pissed, the only thought on my mind was just let him took whatever he want and leave me alone, so I tried to throw out the TV which was in the living room right next to the kitchen. Unfortunately it was too heavy, then I grab the DVD and throw it out from the broke window…then I heard the two police were trying to break though my entrance doors…I ran to hide in one of the rooms’ closet…I heard them kicked in…then two guns pointed to my head…then I was arrested and put in jail with two crime charges…I finally bailed myself out on Friday…after I back from the indicial court and went back to that property, O still here, remember he said he got knocked out by me and moved his belonging in front of those police?!And you better believe it, he is still live in my property! While I faces two crime charges, and might be deported for those charges.
I don’t believe that police can break into my property without any court order and while I got arrested, I got malicious injuries…
I left my country, came to this country to pursuit FREEDOM and HAPPYNESS, and contribute 10 years of my best time to her, live here alone with the hope I can get my parents here to cure my loneness after I get my citizenship; I don’t believe I should be treat like this, my citizenship examination is close, I’m in need of legal help…here is my email: fordailyuse@ymail.com
Are you a illegal alien?

VFORVENDETTA

illegal aliens do not take citizenship tests!

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL

1245A Defender

folks deserve to know who to ignore!!

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL

you quote forum rules to someone who has never been banned for breaking the rules?
you and your various aliases have been banned from OCDO 5 Times, IIRC.
every time you sign up, you start off, nice and thoughtful, then start
asking dumb questions, and spewing buII 5hit!
i bet you dont last for another week!

VFORVENDETTA

you quote forum rules to someone who has never been banned for breaking the rules?
you and your various aliases have been banned from OCDO 5 Times, IIRC.
every time you sign up, you start off, nice and thoughtful, then start
asking dumb questions, and spewing buII 5hit!
i bet you dont last for another week!

I don't know what your talking about.

one5oh2nv

Honestly I think we should go ahead and try to plan something. The video is long gone. The coroners inquest has been postponed indefinitely what else are they going to do to buy themselves time to get all of the stories the same before going to the media.

The lvmpd has covered up most of the officer involved shootings and they probably will continue to do so. For the Scott family I really hope that they have enough money to try to get something out of them.

I respect the good cops which there really aren't many in this town. With enough money they can be bought out. I just wish the state and or Feds can be brought into this and really do a real investigation. Enough of the dept doing their own investigations. I know a lot of places where a different dept is brought in to conduct the investigation if there is an officer involved or it's an interal affair.

Sorry about the long post but I'm sick of hearing people say we should hold off on doing these types of things to wait and see what's going to happen. What's going to happen is nothing. They will wait untill the topic has been dropped and at rest for at least a year before they will release anything. If we keep pressure on them and keep pushing and pushing and trying to help the family the best we can maybe the will come out and say somehing to get us off of their asses.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Do we have to take sides? is it ok to do what we have done several times already, but this time in honor of a citizen who was upstanding, and held dear the same values and respect for the 2nd A as we do? Nobody needs to 2nd guess (no pun) the facts, I think that it would be good to honor someone that passed in a tragic manner, nomatter the circumstances

flagellum

With stuff like this in the news recently:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/calls-blast-officials-over-shooting-inquiry-100747964.html
Valley residents were bombarded this weekend with a series of automated "robocalls" blasting Clark County District Attorney David Roger and Sheriff Doug Gillespie for the investigation into the death of Erik Scott, who was shot by Las Vegas police in front of a Costco store last month.

A spokeswoman for Scott's family said they have received angry calls and e-mails from people who received the calls and blamed the dead man's friends. Lisa Mayo-DeRiso said those people were upset that the robocalls reached them on their unlisted phones.

She added that the calls might be damaging toward the family's campaign to find out what happened in the shooting.

"I think anytime you make people mad or upset, it's not helpful for your cause," she said.

I'd be a little weary do do any demonstrations unless organized by the Scott family themselves.

one5oh2nv

Well if we decide to plan and do something we should contact the family first anyways. I think this could turn out to be a good thing. The more it's brought to the publics attention the more of a chance that lvmpd might try a little harder to get something done such as releasing the tapes that they DO have. We all know damn well they have the tapes.

As many people are thinking the coroners inquest has been postponed for political reasons. Our beloved sheriff is still in the race to be re-elected and if this shows that his officers are at fault it might/will hurt his chances to be re-elected.