Thread: Restaurant Carry? Time to start tinking about next GA Session...

Restaurant Carry? Time to start tinking about next GA Session...

NC and SC are the ONLY states east of the Mississippi that does not allow some form of carry (OC or CC) in establishments that serve alcohol.

Even notoriously anti-gun states like NY, CT, NJ and MD allow carry in such venues if you have a permit.

Some form of carry (OC only, CC only, or either) is legal in 43 states. Even CALIFORNIA allows Loaded CC in such venues (with a permit)...

Is there ANY way we can convince our GA that they are SERIOUSLY out-of-step with the VAST majority of the nation? If NC repealed it's "restaurant ban", and it's "admission charged" ban, it would be a "super-duper gold-star state" in my opinion.

How can we appeal to the GA to repeal this out-dated Jim Crow statute?

If we start mobilizing NOW, we can pound our Reps for several months before the next session with facts, statistics, and history. Let's start working on a plan!
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-16-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

my thoughts exactly! There isn't a day that goes by I don't complain about those two parts of the law.

Agreed, absolutely. I don't have any expertise in the area, but I'll keep an eye on the forum to see what I can do.

CC in restaurants bill...

In the last long session (2009) there were matching bills in the house and senate to correct this, but neither made it out of committee so they could not be acted upon during the short session.

State Sen. Andrew Brock routinely sponsers pro-carry bills... in the house, I beleive there were a dozen or so sponsers of the companion bill, but the only Rep. I remember is Mitchell Setzer out of Catawba county....

Best way is to start contacting your state reps and senators now....

Quote Originally Posted by RayBurton72 View Post
    In the last long session (2009) there were matching bills in the house and senate to correct this, but neither made it out of committee so they could not be acted upon during the short session.

State Sen. Andrew Brock routinely sponsers pro-carry bills... in the house, I beleive there were a dozen or so sponsers of the companion bill, but the only Rep. I remember is Mitchell Setzer out of Catawba county....

Best way is to start contacting your state reps and senators now....
    Forget about contacting them for now.
    CONCENTRATE on the November elections. Get involved in a local election and help get rid of the anti gun politicians. If we replace enough of them, the ones that are left will get the message and vote right. Unless we change the face of the house and senate you will not see the restaurant restrictions lifted.