• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On guns and the 'open carry' movement;

amzbrady

E St. Louis is no place ANY self respecting person should live....

I would rather live under a bridge in some podunk farm town (which I hail from btw) instead of living in E. St. Louis....

I was born there, G-ma and G-pa lived there till there death in the early 70's and there were some beautiful houses. My G-pa built a fireproof house on Avon pl cause G-ma fell asleep in bed with a lit cigarette. Little did he know that that house would save my sisters life in the early 80's due to a drive by. Found out if was bullet proof too and white people werent welcome. In about 15 years the place turned into a trash pit. I moved into a mobile home for about 2 months when I was 17 and found out how unwelcome I was by a shot gun. Had I been on the crapper...well anyway. I always carried a 25 in my back pocket while I lived there, and was less worried about being caught with it, then I was about being caught with out it. I hate to think how it is now. I remember as a kid about 5 running up and down the street 5 or 6 blocks down by a church and not even a care in the world.

devildoc5

I was not trying to be disrespectful of any place anyone comes from. I was just stating the fact that it is not a "people" friendly place to live, in my own unique way.

Hope I didnt offend or upset ya'.

Tawnos

http://nextexitphotography.com/blog/?p=121

You're right, I don't give a damn if it frightens you or your wife and kid. Just as I wouldn't give a damn if the color blue scared someone who had an irrational fear of primary colors, as I wouldn't give a damn if someone was afraid of me driving my car at the speed limit because it can crash and hurt others, and as I wouldn't give a damn if someone were afraid of a pool in my backyard because they never learned to swim. Get over yourself, you're just not so important that I really even consider you when I decide that my life and the life of my girlfriend is worth defending.

Metal_Monkey

"How would you guys feel if, say, a few carloads of Crips showed up right next to your beach BBQ, all sporting guns, with ammo on the other hip?"

I'd prob start shooting? LOLOLOL
Seriously though, what Crips or Bloods are even allowed to own a gun?

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. This article is priceless. Maybe we should start OCing with one on each side(I actually would If I could get matching Cimmarons). Chuckles*

amlevin

Move to E. St. Louis, and see how you feel about legally carrying.

IF you were legally carrying in E. St. Louis, you would probably be the ONLY one doing so.

This city would make a good candidate for a "penal colony" as portrayed in the movie Escape from New York. Too bad it's not an island so we could just barricade or blow up the bridges.

KBCraig

IF you were legally carrying in E. St. Louis, you would probably be the ONLY one doing so.

This city would make a good candidate for a "penal colony" as portrayed in the movie Escape from New York. Too bad it's not an island so we could just barricade or blow up the bridges.

You know, R.E. Lee had considerable success turning St. Louis into a commercial port just by piling some rocks in the river to change its flow and course. Move a couple of miles upstream and build a few piers, and you could probably cut a new channel east of ESL. ;-)