• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On guns and the 'open carry' movement;

devildoc5

what a bunch of whiny arrogant self-centered ignorant idiots!

And to think I used to live in that ridiculous hell hole of a place!

All I can say is the logic on some of those comments means that (according to the posters) since cars kill people those need to be banned, since knives kill people those need to be banned, and since sun kills people we need to ban that too!

WOW!!! That is about all I can say right now....

Ruby

Let's call the members of the "open carry" movement, who promote the right to carry guns in public, what they are: selfish and egotistical. They love the attention they get walking the streets with a pistol on their hip, and they don't give a damn if it frightens people like me and my kids.

http://tinyurl.com/2fsmdf3

If you really feel that way, why are you here? To stir things up and make people angry? You should know that you are not going to convert anyone to your way of thinking on this forum. The OCers I know do not carry to get attention; most people don't even notice an OCer or notice the gun until some minutes have passed. Why does it frighten you and your kids? What exactly makes you more afraid of a gun you CAN see over a gun you CAN'T see (concealed)? The Washington State Supreme court has ruled in a past case that the prescence of a properly holstered firearm carried openly does not warrant alarm in a reasonable person. From that, I would have to conclude that you are not a reasonable person. Most gun people I know who carry, openly or concealed, carry for personal protection, as I do. A gun carried openly is also a deterrent to crime; very few criminals will attack a person who is visibly armed. They also will not attack another person in the prescense of the armed person. A gun is an inanimate object, incapable of doing anything on it's own. Far more people die in automobile accidents every year than die from being shot. Are you also afraid of cars? Is it OC in particular or just guns in general that you dislike? If you don't like open carry, then I suggest you don't do it! If it's guns in general that you don't like, please tell me what your gun free plan is to save yourself and your family when criminals break into your house at 2am.

1245A Defender

Ruby,, you just whooopsed!

redboneshaddow is one of the head muckymucks of CCRKBA

his post is to expose the really dumb things that antis write out load.
he is WAY on our side!

when you realize your error you will be very embarassed, and appologetic.

Batousaii

LoL- caught me off guard too.

Ya - i was like.. "what .. red turned to the dark side" ?? - Nooooo !!!

- Then i realised it was a bad paste job - lol - Got me real good there red :p

All's good - i know red's ok.
Ty for the article, and yes they all seem very sheeped.

Bat

KBCraig

Let's call the members of the "open carry" movement, who promote the right to carry guns in public, what they are: selfish and egotistical. They love the attention they get walking the streets with a pistol on their hip, and they don't give a damn if it frightens people like me and my kids.

http://tinyurl.com/2fsmdf3

To clarify, this was a letter to the editor written by Brent Forrester of Pacific Palisades.

Brent W Forrester
780 Brooktree Rd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272-3901
(310) 230-3060

Nice house, Brent. Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same...

69Charger

OUCH. That article hurt. :(
OK. I'm over it. :)
Lac of knowledge and the 1st amendment can lead to this kind of slander.

Taken with a grain of salt.
Dave

Son_of_Perdition

At first I thought “Troll"?

Then I looked at the date Red joined and seen that it was Aug,2008 and thought that can’t be right. I’d better read the link.
As for what my actions do to effect others sense of well being or not. If I make people feel all warm and fuzzy inside or strike fear into someone unreasonable, is of little consequence to me. I feel sorry for them that they have a problem with something. But it is of little significance for I can’t dictate my life based on what I do in a legal and Law abiding way. I see it as discrimination on their part. And their discriminating actions will not define me or cause me to conform to their world. It is as unreasonable for them to be upset with me for having a gun as it would be for me to hate them. Or for me to be upset with them for not having one.

Ruby

Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forum very long and I didn't go to the link. I had not seen the OP post before and the quote function wasn't used. My bad!! My apologies to Redbone! Guess you guys know how I feel about someone bashing OC!!

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
That's okay, Ruby. It's understandable that, not knowing Redboneshadow like some of us that you might get confused at his post. I can vouch for him, though. He's very much pro 2A and even heads a group called Citizens For the Second Amendment. I've been for an OC walk with him in West Seattle.

He's one of the good guys.

redboneshadow

Apology for not using quote function

Did not mean to anger anyone. I have not used the new forum in a while and will acclimate myself as to it's functions. It is as much my fault as anyone else. Being human at times can nbe an error just in it's self. Once again sorry for any confusion.

Kastroker

Guns are for killing. When you go to the beach, take a surfboard, take a Frisbee, take a guitar or take a California girl. Leave the death machine at home (where your 9-year-old can kill his 2-year-old brother with it).

Michael Hynes
Los Angeles

What a jackass. Read the link and all of these people sound like uneducated idiots who just listen to the antigun propaganda and have never even heard, or won't open their ears to, the other side. :mad:

amzbrady

How do these people even feel comfortable in their own skin. I wonder how they would feel standing in the middle of a big group of bikers, or a bunch of gothic kids just hanging out, or a bunch of big muscle bound black men, or a bunch of kids saggin with hoodies? Where does thier whining and complaining stop. If they are so afraid there are places they can move to that does not want to honor our constitution, and are trying to dissolve America from the inside out. Hell go to Illinois for god sake, Move to E. St. Louis, and see how you feel about legally carrying.