• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CCW Class - July 24 - McHenry, IL $70

MikeMoore

Date: Saturday, July 24, 2010
Time: 9:30am - Approx 2pm
Cost $70

Register online: http://www.anywhereccw.com or email mike@anywhereccw.com

Class includes:
• The Class
• Passport Photos
• Fingerprinting
• Mail everything required to Utah's Bureau of Criminal Identification for processing

If you're interested or have questions, contact me: mike@anywhereccw.com

J.Gleason

Banned
How many more CCW classes are going to be advertised here? This is an OCW forum and others here who have tried to advertise the sale of a firearm have been told, "NO." What makes the sale of a CCW class any different?

Besides what is the significant difference between OCW and CCW that would constitute training? Lifting ones shirt?

AdamXD

They charge you to attempt to educate you about the laws of lethal force. But on this forum it's been discussed a bajillion times and Doug has typed up at least one post about all of laws and situations required to use deadly force. Not to mention plenty of others typing up posts. Also, I think they glance over where you can and where you can't CCW. So that's government buildings, on airplanes, and businesses that have no gun signs. Maybe parks.

To me, this forum is way more educational than a class. There's no debate in a CCW class. And it costs money.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I believe John said no 'for sale' threads otherwise Google will pull their ads and therefore Mike will lose an income stream.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Two things...

One ... it is only firearms, firearm parts, and ammo that cannot be offered for sale here.

and

Two ... what do you mean Mike will lose a revenue stream? John pays for the forum and any advertising revenue is used to offset that expense. :)

Any overages will be used to fund the radio campaigns that Mike and I run.

John

I believe John said no 'for sale' threads otherwise Google will pull their ads and therefore Mike will lose an income stream.

jpm84092

Irony and Utah CCW Permits

How ironic it is that CCW training is offered in a State that prohibits both concealed and open carry.

Having said that, I spent over 85% of my life as a citizen of Wisconsin. During the last few years there, before I moved out-of-state, I had a non-resident Utah CCW. The interested reader will ask, "how is that related to Wisconsin Open Carry"?

Well, wouldn't you like it if you had the option to open carry or carry concealed? Before moving, I had the opportunity to talk to Neil Kedzie (Elkhorn area State Senator) about being a Wisconsin citizen with the right to carry in so many other States. I told him about how my daily Wisconsin routine was go to work, come home, strap on handgun (open carry), work around the house, get ready for bed, put handgun on table next to bed, lock handgun up in the morning, repeat daily.

He was very interested in the perspective of a Wisconsin native who had a valid CCW permit from another State and had done open carry in WI and concealed carry when traveling in States that honored my non-resident Utah permit. I think my friends and former neighbors in WI stand a much better chance of getting a concealed carry law now that Dictator Doyle is leaving office. And, I believe that if more Wisconsin citizens write to their representatives truthfully stating that they demand the rights in Wisconsin that they enjoy in (list States covered by non-resident permit), the effect will be compelling.

The link below takes you to an article in the New York Times (amazing for such a liberal newspaper):
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/us/06guns.html?_r=1&hp

While I encourage you to get a CCW from Utah, I am not advocating any one vendor over another. This link takes you to the Utah BCI website. There is a listing of all certified instructors there.
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html