Thread: Do not forget we have a calendar now!

Do not forget we have a calendar now!

The new forum software comes with an event calendar. All users have permission to submit events for inclusion on the calendar and they will come to me for approval. Once approved, they will show to all users.

I would encourage state groups and instructors to all make use of the calendar and for all users to visit it often to see what is going on near you!

John

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Would really like a personal calender where I could log dinners, council meetings, events and such.

Have to wonder how a forum wide calender would function - seems like every meet-up (most stickies) would swamp the process, particularly during the summer. Are you prepared for the onslaught?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Would really like a personal calender where I could log dinners, council meetings, events and such.
    Mozilla.org Lightning/Sunbird. Lightning integrates with their e-mail program. (An integer version update is impending and the 'add ons' are a bit in flux catching up.)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Mozilla.org Lightning/Sunbird. Lightning integrates with their e-mail program. (An integer version update is impending and the 'add ons' are a bit in flux catching up.)
    Appreciate the reference - have taken a quick look and like what I see - will look more in depth the first of the week.

Do you know if it compatible with all email, Outlook particularly, or does that not make a difference if you use Mozillla?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    To integrate Lightning with an SMTP client requires 'hooks' that are only in Thunderbird/Mozilla products - that I know of. I believe Sunbird, the stand alone calendar product, can send ICS formatted stuff through your SMTP client.

It may be wise to wait on version v.4, that should be soon, I have v.4 Beta 1 browser now. I'm only a user so don't take too much as gospel.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 07-18-2010 at 02:32 PM.