Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Now, if usmcbess had posted the link, maybe it would have not got locked..

  1. #1
    Regular Member zekester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Uvalde, Texas
    Posts
    665

    Now, if usmcbess had posted the link, maybe it would have not got locked..

    http://dustinsgunblog.blogspot.com

    This has nothing to do with calling on oneself..(so-called)..you decide...

    I still would have not done it...but this gentleman was making a point about resources of the PD..

    Z
    Last edited by zekester; 07-17-2010 at 09:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by zekester View Post
    http://dustinsgunblog.blogspot.com

    This has nothing to do with calling on oneself..(so-called)..you decide...

    I still would have not done it...but this gentleman was making a point about resources of the PD..

    Z
    It was stupid when that moron did it too.

    Thankfully a smart officer/staff person actually had the wisdom not to send two or three cars, that is not always the case.

    The topic had little to do with the closing of the thread and a lot to do with the actions of myself after calling it what it was and lacking polite behavior. In the face of stupidity I see no need to be polite, the others do, its over, it had 4 -5 days of fame and serves no purpose other than to be a real good example of what not to do and how not to react to something silly. Likely won't change a lot, but it is over.

    I am not sure of what the motive was for bringing it back up, but the responses won't be the same, I do not recall every derogatory thing I said about usmcbess, but you are welcome to look them all up and apply them to this idiot as well. One thing those whom decided to attack forgot to say is don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message, I shot the messenger as well as the messege, that minimally applies to usmcbess, though for my own analysis of his behavior and personality, I think there is still a significant shot he may actually proceed and do it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member zekester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Uvalde, Texas
    Posts
    665

    Motive?

    No Motive....

    LMTD.....The more I thought about it the more I wondered...Why would you think I have a "MOTIVE"...?

    I was just trying to see what all the fuss was about...If uscmbess had provided the link, maybe, just maybe, someone would have brought out that the caller was doing something ( which I do not agree with the method) in regards to the budget of the police department. This video had nothing to do with calling on oneself to promote a confrontation, although I do believe the video poster ran that risk.

    I have one "motive"...to promote gun-rights and OC..any information, whether I agree with it or not, should be discussed...I just do it in different ways I guess.

    Z
    Last edited by zekester; 07-18-2010 at 09:07 AM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    613
    Can you say filing a false police report? Even if the information was factual, the insinuation was that a citizen observed ANOTHER citizen carrying a weapon. A court would rule that the call was dishonest and the man would see jail time if convicted.
    But...
    Even if his methods are questionable, he did show that Saldana was full of it... but we already knew that.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Zeke,

    I do not know if it is intentional or not, but you have a posting style that seems intentionally vague most of the time.

    When I asked what your motive is, I was asking witch part of the topic at hand did you wish to discuss. The part about how usmcbess brought it up, the part about the actual guy doing it, the part about the trail the other discussion lead to, the part about testing the police etc.

    My post was in no way targeted at questioning your 2a commitment, if I did so, I have few issues with making such things perfectly clear

    You do it a lot and it is no big deal, I was just trying to figure out which point you wanted to chat about.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Missouri guys, sheesh.

    Hello all, my name is Nathan and the video that you are commenting on is one that I posted of my brother, Sam. We are OC activists out here in California and posted that video to show a local representative, Assemblywoman Saldana, that one of the reasons for her current legislation to ban unloaded open carry (UOC) here in CA, namely the "fact" that UOC causes an unnecessary drain on police resources, is an entirely false premise. My brother and I have some personal attachment to this topic as well, as this legislation was written in direct response to an OC event that my brother and I organized to educate the police out here in San Diego.

    Also, this crap with saying that this was a false police report is just that, crap. For one, you cannot give a police report for a crime that does not exist nor did not occur. Second, this call was not done in a way to warrant an emergency response. Looking at California Penal Code 148.3...

    -----------------------

    148.3. (a) Any individual who reports, or causes any report to be made, to any city, county, city and county, or state department, district, agency, division, commission, or board, that an “emergency” exists, knowing that the report is false, is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that imprisonment and fine.
    (b) Any individual who reports, or causes any report to be made, to any city, county, city and county, or state department, district, agency, division, commission, or board, that an “emergency” exists, and who knows that the report is false, and who knows or should know that the response to the report is likely to cause death or great bodily injury, and great bodily injury or death is sustained by any person as a result of the false report, is guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punishable by imprisonment in the state prison, or by a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by both that imprisonment and fine.

    (c) “Emergency” as used in this section means any condition which results in, or which could result in, the response of a public official in an authorized emergency vehicle, aircraft, or vessel, or any condition which jeopardizes or could jeopardize public safety and results in, or could result in, the evacuation of any area, building, structure, vehicle, or of any other place which any individual may enter.

    ----------------------------------

    I guess that what I am saying is to quit spreading the FUD.

    If you want more information on the fight out here in California (we are leading the way, contrary to popular belief), then check out any of the following sites.

    http://calguns.net (we even have our own non-profit)
    http://responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org (I am an advisor to this group)
    http://caopencarry.blogspot.com (this is my blog)

    Oh yeah, you should Google "They Carry Guns" and hit "I'm feeling lucky." This is one of the best written articles on the subject and you might recognize the guy on the cover

    CARRY ON!

    -N8
    Last edited by pullnshoot25; 07-18-2010 at 08:30 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kansas city, Kansas United States
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    Hello all, my name is Nathan and the video that you are commenting on is one that I posted of my brother, Sam. We are OC activists out here in California and posted that video to show a local representative, Assemblywoman Saldana, that one of the reasons for her current legislation to ban unloaded open carry (UOC) here in CA, namely the "fact" that UOC causes an unnecessary drain on police resources, is an entirely false premise. My brother and I have some personal attachment to this topic as well, as this legislation was written in direct response to an OC event that my brother and I organized to educate the police out here in San Diego.

    Also, this crap with saying that this was a false police report is just that, crap. For one, you cannot give a police report for a crime that does not exist nor did not occur. Second, this call was not done in a way to warrant an emergency response. Looking at California Penal Code 148.3...

    -----------------------

    148.3. (a) Any individual who reports, or causes any report to be made, to any city, county, city and county, or state department, district, agency, division, commission, or board, that an “emergency” exists, knowing that the report is false, is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that imprisonment and fine.
    (b) Any individual who reports, or causes any report to be made, to any city, county, city and county, or state department, district, agency, division, commission, or board, that an “emergency” exists, and who knows that the report is false, and who knows or should know that the response to the report is likely to cause death or great bodily injury, and great bodily injury or death is sustained by any person as a result of the false report, is guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punishable by imprisonment in the state prison, or by a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by both that imprisonment and fine.

    (c) “Emergency” as used in this section means any condition which results in, or which could result in, the response of a public official in an authorized emergency vehicle, aircraft, or vessel, or any condition which jeopardizes or could jeopardize public safety and results in, or could result in, the evacuation of any area, building, structure, vehicle, or of any other place which any individual may enter.

    ----------------------------------

    I guess that what I am saying is to quit spreading the FUD.

    If you want more information on the fight out here in California (we are leading the way, contrary to popular belief), then check out any of the following sites.

    http://calguns.net (we even have our own non-profit)
    http://responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org (I am an advisor to this group)
    http://caopencarry.blogspot.com (this is my blog)

    Oh yeah, you should Google "They Carry Guns" and hit "I'm feeling lucky." This is one of the best written articles on the subject and you might recognize the guy on the cover

    CARRY ON!

    -N8
    i dont know how you think that could not fall under a false police report. i mean i guess it depends on how far they want to tear into it. i mean its like a previous person stated. you stating that ANOTHER person is carrying a gun is actually could be considered false. now i dont know if they look into it that much or not. i not a lawyer or have been in a situation to know from experience. but i wouldnt be suprised if something did happen, had the cops found this video shortly after you did the call.

    and secondly. regardless if its could be taken as a false report. i think that while you might of had good intentions, but its never good to be calling the cops on yourself to prove a point. i mean while your proving one point. your promoting another bad point. as we saw with usmcbess. if he actually goes threw with this, its you that got it in his head thinking its good to call the cops on themselves. even if yours reason wasnt to have a confrontation with the cops like he is wanting to get out of it. its still not right.

    and really your video didnt even prove saldana totally wrong. i mean if she was asked if this proved her wrong. she could still argue, that while they might not send cops out over it. therefor not wasting cops time. your still holding up the person on the phone that has to answer all the phone calls about a MWAG, therefore still using up resources. and regardless of you proving her wrong. the general public will prob not even see your point when they see this video. all they will be thinking of is how some idoit gun nut is wasting cops time by calling the cops on themselves. regardless if its a non emergency line or not.

    i just think this could of been handled in a beter way. you succeeded in your proving Saldana wrong, did it have any good effects? mabye, but we see that its already had a negative effect on promoting the cop calling.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by goalseter88 View Post
    i dont know how you think that could not fall under a false police report. i mean i guess it depends on how far they want to tear into it. i mean its like a previous person stated. you stating that ANOTHER person is carrying a gun is actually could be considered false. now i dont know if they look into it that much or not. i not a lawyer or have been in a situation to know from experience. but i wouldnt be suprised if something did happen, had the cops found this video shortly after you did the call.

    and secondly. regardless if its could be taken as a false report. i think that while you might of had good intentions, but its never good to be calling the cops on yourself to prove a point. i mean while your proving one point. your promoting another bad point. as we saw with usmcbess. if he actually goes threw with this, its you that got it in his head thinking its good to call the cops on themselves. even if yours reason wasnt to have a confrontation with the cops like he is wanting to get out of it. its still not right.

    and really your video didnt even prove saldana totally wrong. i mean if she was asked if this proved her wrong. she could still argue, that while they might not send cops out over it. therefor not wasting cops time. your still holding up the person on the phone that has to answer all the phone calls about a MWAG, therefore still using up resources. and regardless of you proving her wrong. the general public will prob not even see your point when they see this video. all they will be thinking of is how some idoit gun nut is wasting cops time by calling the cops on themselves. regardless if its a non emergency line or not.

    i just think this could of been handled in a beter way. you succeeded in your proving Saldana wrong, did it have any good effects? mabye, but we see that its already had a negative effect on promoting the cop calling.
    Damn that 1st amendment protecting free speech and giving people ideas!

    How COULD it be filing a false police report? For starters, I would have had to call the EMERGENCY line. Second, a report would have had to have been FILED. Notice the penal code I cited. Give it another read, it is pretty clear, actually.

    You are not out here in California so it is a little difficult for you to understand the whole affair. To explain it would take forever. Read the text of AB1934 and you will understand a little better.

    The only bad effects that I have seen are from people that are NOT from California, who do not understand what is going on and have decided to act as resident "Negative Nancies" on the subject.
    Last edited by pullnshoot25; 07-18-2010 at 10:13 PM.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    No it was not filing a false report as no report was issued. That makes it no less of an act by a moron though.

    The information you and your brother seek is publicly available and since there are several videos of police checking to see if the side arm is indeed loaded, your brothers one call does nothing more than prove that a calm MWG call in an unpanicked tone will not dispatch police, it does nothing to show the statistics of how often it actually happens.

    His call is the equal to me saying my house was not robbed today so robbery statistics must be false, the logic of a moron.

    You have some serous problems out there in cali when it comes to gun laws, the antis are serious and I would highly recommend suspending the silly stuff and take a long look at getting serious as well before the idiocy of the Brady's spreads even further.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kansas city, Kansas United States
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    Damn that 1st amendment protecting free speech and giving people ideas!

    How COULD it be filing a false police report? For starters, I would have had to call the EMERGENCY line. Second, a report would have had to have been FILED. Notice the penal code I cited. Give it another read, it is pretty clear, actually.

    You are not out here in California so it is a little difficult for you to understand the whole affair. To explain it would take forever. Read the text of AB1934 and you will understand a little better.

    The only bad effects that I have seen are from people that are NOT from California, who do not understand what is going on and have decided to act as resident "Negative Nancies" on the subject.
    my opionion on calling the cops is a bad idea. shouldnt really change under any circumstances. it dosent really matter that i dont know all the exact details going on over there. i dont think any circumstances going on over there, permits filing bogus statements to the cops about yourself. i mean i dont like the laws over in cali. but i think you should fight it the right way. when you start breaking laws or just doing stuff like this that even if your right that it couldnt be a false report. it will stilll be seen as a bad thing to the general public. and just b/c it wasnt illegal to call the cops on yourself, its still gets the same negative effect. i think your just lucky that this video hasnt been really publicized.

    put this in perspective. not one single person has even given a slight agreement to your tactics on calling the cops on yourself(besides usmcbess, but he didnt even understand the real reason you called, he thought you were calling just for a confrontation. so to me thats not much of a supporter) on a gun forum. i mean these are fellow gun owners. what do you think other people who arent already set on pro gun, the people your trying to convice that your just a LAW ABIDING citezin that believes in protecting yourself, going ot react when your own gun fans dont stand behind it. do you really think they are going to think its ok to call the cops on yourself to prove saldana wrong, regardless if its legal?
    Last edited by goalseter88; 07-18-2010 at 10:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo., ,
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by goalseter88 View Post

    not one single person has even given a slight agreement to your tactics on calling the cops on yourself(besides usmcbess, but he didnt even understand the real reason you called, he thought you were calling just for a confrontation. so to me thats not much of a supporter) on a gun forum. i mean these are fellow gun owners. what do you think other people who arent already set on pro gun, the people your trying to convice that your just a LAW ABIDING citezin that believes in protecting yourself, going ot react when your own gun fans dont stand behind it. do you really think they are going to think its ok to call the cops on yourself to prove saldana wrong, regardless if its legal?
    I agree .

    I happened to get in an exchange of PM's a week or so back about the tactics some use to try and get the point across, and this was part of what I said to him in regaurds to myself and another gentleman:
    We just happen to be 2 guys that think these type of things make all gun advocates look bad. We are not the only 2, of that you can be sure. And we are PRO gun, so imagine what the anti-gunners think?
    If you just freak people out with strange or even illegal tactics to try and promote your cause and prove a point, the states or cities will just pass ordinances against it and be done with it. Then what will you do? I know I hear everybody saying it's their right, but remember, all they have to do is pass an ordinance to override that right in their municipality.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Wow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •