• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So far so good

Liberal_GunOwner

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt, I am new here as of a few seconds ago. Have been reading for about a month though.

I just started open carrying my pistol, Taurus PT 24/7 Pro .40 cal, about 2 weeks ago and I must say that so far so good. I am currently at the Paradise Cafe in Sugarhouse typing this up and must say that the service has been wonderful.

So far I have been to Walmart on 45th and 9th, Target in Fort Union, Starbucks on 21st and State, Barnes and Noble in Sugarhouse, 3 different gas stations (even a 7-11 at 3AM last night), and a few other places. Aside from a few glances, everything has been pretty calm. I admit, I was a little concerned considering some of my choices of shopping and their typical clientele, but I have been met with only smiles and exceptional customer service that I usually get at these places.

It truly is great being able to carry openly and I will always fight for this right. I must thank this forum and its members for their assistance in the form of their stories that gave me the idea to open carry. I will keep reading and hope to contribute some in the future. Well, I am off for now, my delicious bagel is getting cold.

~Matthew

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
Great first post, welcome to OCDO!
banana.gif

colormered

My head is spinning.........

Gun-owner AND carries openly? Sounds an awful lot to me like "liberal" is morphing into "libertarian".....

Regardless, WELCOME!!!!!!! and Congrats!