Thread: Kilt Carry!

Kilt Carry!

I stumbled across this little gem today. It's a Sporran designed for CC, so it's not really OC-related, but it's a cool idea none the less. Perhaps it would be good for a CC BUG, while OCing something more "spiffy". If only thay made a more "dressy" version in tooled leather...

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Sti...argo%20Sporran
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWKcargo12.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	3267  
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-17-2010 at 03:39 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Nylon and tartan don't mix. On a plain canvas version like a Utilikilt, sure... just not on tartans.

That's a decently priced place, though. Shame they don't have my tartan (Ross).

The Ross tartan is a tough one to find in an inexpensive kilt... SportsKilt doesn't even carry that one...

But if you have the bucks, and don't mind waiting several months for an order from the UK, you can get ANY of the Ross Tartans (there are 25!) at THIS place...

http://www.kiltmakers.com/tartans/Ross-tartans
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

LOL, thanks, I know the difficulties of finding my clans' tartans.

Plural, that is.

I claim Ross because it's my mother's maiden name. My father's name is (obviously) Craig, and we have confirmed genealogy to Scotland before 1730 (in America before 1750). But, Craig is a generic surname found from Dumfries to Speyside, and all corners of Scotland. The Craigs could have been of any clan.

Clan Ross doesn't have a particularly attractive tartan in the modern lines. But, I accept my lot. Meanwhile, I will opt for the weathered ancient hunting version. ;-)

Aye, lads... and what sort of belt would you use with your kilt to hold the spiffy OC gun?

Talk about mixed metaphors. LOL
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    I believe that the traditional solution is along the lines of a Sam Browne belt. A proper belt would hide almost any attachments for a holster - if one could afford to abuse it so.

Kilt? Who wears a kilt? I'm of (ancient) highland scots decent 'n I wouldn't wear a kilt. It's a nice clan tartan too... but other than a clan event?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Kilt? Who wears a kilt? I'm of (ancient) highland scots decent 'n I wouldn't wear a kilt. It's a nice clan tartan too... but other than a clan event?
    I'm telling you, a kilt is the ultimate for summer casual comfort...

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

I wouldn't wear one every day, but for certain activities (hiking, camping, Hashing) a well-designed modern kilt is very comfortable and even practical. Especially when it's REALLY hot outside, and you're not going to have the luxury of air conditioning. "Natural" air conditioning can be a real refreshing experience...
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964