Thread: Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA

Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA

Anyone have any carry experience there? Are they good, bad, indifferent? Taking the wife to a concert there in a couple weeks and I want to know if carry is a go/no-go.

no go

lol, Didn't a certain person on this forum get tackled by Prince William County Police for just having a pocket knife? I can't imagine what would happen if you OC'd a firearm.
    Last edited by hunter45; 07-18-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    lol, Didn't a certain person on this forum get tackled by Prince William County Police for just having a pocket knife? I can't imagine what would happen if you OC'd a firearm.
    I'm still trying to figure out how you would go to a concert at a Jiffy Lube.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how you would go to a concert at a Jiffy Lube.
    I think that "Grease" is playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by ElW75 View Post
    Anyone have any carry experience there? Are they good, bad, indifferent? Taking the wife to a concert there in a couple weeks and I want to know if carry is a go/no-go.
    I had a personally bad experience with security many years ago, back when it was called the nazi pavilion. I was yelled at and manhandled, without warning, because I stepped off of a sidewalk to get around a crowd and catch up to my group after the show was over. They've been on my boycott list ever since and I don't think the name change will change that.

As for a policy against any kind of weapons, I'd bet on it. I can't seem to find any rules or policies for their venues on-line; including Jiffy Lube Live. I managed to find a Live Nation employee handbook, though. I would presume that they have a similar policy for all visitors and guests. It contains within:

"Weapons, including guns, knives, or other weapons, are prohibited on Live Nation premises or property. This includes Live Nation-owned or leased facilities, buildings, parking lot(s), driveways, or sidewalks."

http://staff.nissanpavilion.com/form...mpHandbook.pdf

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Go figure. You can smoke dope there but God forbid if you are carrying a firearm.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    You can smoke dope there
    cite?

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    cite?

I'm assuming he means the cops just don't care, much like with Slaughterama here in Richmond.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...603-ar-163941/

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I'm assuming he means the cops just don't care, much like with Slaughterama here in Richmond.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...603-ar-163941/
    Been there several times when the weed was subject to fire. I don't recall anyone checking for it, any signs warning against bringing it in, or rent-a-cops hauling anyone away for ingesting the stuff.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

not me...but [snip]

Thanks for the help guys, now I just have to get Toby Keith and Trace Adkins to move their show to a different venue. If I had known this before, I wouldn't have purchased tickets...doh!

That would be me Luckily the PWC officers were friendly after they figured out that I completely forgot that I had it on me from work that day. I was handcuffed and my parents were called because I was 17 at the time. The officers held my knife for me until after the concert and I picked it up afterwords. I can't imagine what they would do if I had a gun on me since this was just a stupid little pocket knife!!! I think they were trying to get me with trespassing or some crap because they asked me if someone had asked if I had any weapons on me at the gate to which I replied, "No."
    Last edited by CRF250rider1000; 07-18-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock27Bill View Post
    I think that "Grease" is playing there.
    OK. That was good. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    cite?
    Go to a Dave Mathews concert and just take a few wiff of air and you will see for yourself. It may not be legeal but they dont stop it.