• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA

ElW75

Anyone have any carry experience there? Are they good, bad, indifferent? Taking the wife to a concert there in a couple weeks and I want to know if carry is a go/no-go.

hunter45

lol, Didn't a certain person on this forum get tackled by Prince William County Police for just having a pocket knife? I can't imagine what would happen if you OC'd a firearm. :D

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
lol, Didn't a certain person on this forum get tackled by Prince William County Police for just having a pocket knife? I can't imagine what would happen if you OC'd a firearm. :D

I'm still trying to figure out how you would go to a concert at a Jiffy Lube. :)

virginiatuck

Anyone have any carry experience there? Are they good, bad, indifferent? Taking the wife to a concert there in a couple weeks and I want to know if carry is a go/no-go.

I had a personally bad experience with security many years ago, back when it was called the nazi pavilion. I was yelled at and manhandled, without warning, because I stepped off of a sidewalk to get around a crowd and catch up to my group after the show was over. They've been on my boycott list ever since and I don't think the name change will change that.

As for a policy against any kind of weapons, I'd bet on it. I can't seem to find any rules or policies for their venues on-line; including Jiffy Lube Live. I managed to find a Live Nation employee handbook, though. I would presume that they have a similar policy for all visitors and guests. It contains within:

"Weapons, including guns, knives, or other weapons, are prohibited on Live Nation premises or property. This includes Live Nation-owned or leased facilities, buildings, parking lot(s), driveways, or sidewalks."

http://staff.nissanpavilion.com/forms/LN_EmpHandbook.pdf

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

nova

:D:uhoh:
not me...but [snip]

ElW75

Thanks for the help guys, now I just have to get Toby Keith and Trace Adkins to move their show to a different venue. If I had known this before, I wouldn't have purchased tickets...doh!

CRF250rider1000

That would be me :( Luckily the PWC officers were friendly after they figured out that I completely forgot that I had it on me from work that day. I was handcuffed and my parents were called because I was 17 at the time. The officers held my knife for me until after the concert and I picked it up afterwords. I can't imagine what they would do if I had a gun on me since this was just a stupid little pocket knife!!! I think they were trying to get me with trespassing or some crap because they asked me if someone had asked if I had any weapons on me at the gate to which I replied, "No."

Last edited: