• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns in NY illegal?

Dreamer

Do you folks even KNOW who Hunter S. Thompson was? WTF?

Although I do not advocate the combination of alcohol and firearms, if I would have had a chance to spend a day at the range with HST, I would have JUMPED at the chance.

Passing that up would be like passing up a rocket launch with Werner Von Braun because he was a Nazi. Sometimes you just gotta overlook a mans little shortcomings for the opportunity to contact a fragment of their genius...

Thompson was one of the ONLY truthful journalists of the end of the 20th century, and perhaps the last REAL journalist in the history of English-language reporting...

HST was a patriot in the original sense of the word, a champion of TRUE freedom, and a tireless defender of the Bill of Rights, in print AND in life.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used”
---HST

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Do you folks even KNOW who Hunter S. Thompson was? WTF?

Although I do not advocate the combination of alcohol and firearms, if I would have had a chance to spend a day at the range with HST, I would have JUMPED at the chance.

Passing that up would be like passing up a rocket launch with Werner Von Braun because he was a Nazi. Sometimes you just gotta overlook a mans little shortcomings for the opportunity to contact a fragment of their genius...

Thompson was one of the ONLY truthful journalists of the end of the 20th century, and perhaps the last REAL journalist in the history of English-language reporting...

HST was a patriot in the original sense of the word, a champion of TRUE freedom, and a tireless defender of the Bill of Rights, in print AND in life.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used”
---HST

Ditto to this....he also rode with the Hells Angels & got his azz kicked by them (( good book )).... I also loved Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.