Thread: Good encounter at the Kitsap Transfer Station

Port Orchard, Washington, USA

Good encounter at the Kitsap Transfer Station

While at the "dump" and tossing out the recyclables, a very young boy there with his family saw my XD and in a very loud and distinct voice said "Hey, you have a gun". LOL With a big grin, I replied "Yep, I sure do." Then his dad said "That's so he can protect himself" to which I added, "and my family." Then he and I almost simultaneously said "and anyone else around me" to which he added "he would protect us if someone wanted to do bad things to us."

Made me smile.

Renton, Washington, USA

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing this; we all apprecitate hearing about the positive encounters. I am happy to hear that at least some folks do "get it!"
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar
    SW , Washington, USA

Your encounter plays out in my minds eye like one of those 1980's afterschool public announcement commercials. All you needed was to end it with a "Only you can prevent forest fires!" quotes or something to make it even more perfect. LOL, Too bad this wasn't a regular experience.