• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good encounter at the Kitsap Transfer Station

sirpuma

While at the "dump" and tossing out the recyclables, a very young boy there with his family saw my XD and in a very loud and distinct voice said "Hey, you have a gun". LOL With a big grin, I replied "Yep, I sure do." Then his dad said "That's so he can protect himself" to which I added, "and my family." Then he and I almost simultaneously said "and anyone else around me" to which he added "he would protect us if someone wanted to do bad things to us."

Made me smile.

Ruby

Thanks for sharing this; we all apprecitate hearing about the positive encounters. I am happy to hear that at least some folks do "get it!"

Son_of_Perdition

Your encounter plays out in my minds eye like one of those 1980's afterschool public announcement commercials. All you needed was to end it with a "Only you can prevent forest fires!" quotes or something to make it even more perfect. LOL, Too bad this wasn't a regular experience.