Thread: What do you carry?

, ,

What do you carry?

Hey folks.
    Well, we never really get to be too light hearted around here, or even just BS for a bit, its always some new incredulous action by the State or some harassment by antis.

I don't think theres been one of these threads in a while, but here goes.
    What do you guys carry while UOCing?

What kind of:
    Voice recorder
    Video recorder
    ID, light, multitool, misc?

I've bought about 4 different voice recorders now, for UOC and for recording lectures, but none of them really have been adequate, had I saved my money I probably could have just bought one outstanding expensive one.

Voice recorder- Panasonic RR US551 (performs 'meh', but after some things happened I NEVER go anywhere without it)

Video recorder- My Motorola Droid (not that I ever really have time or opportunity to get it out if theres an LEO encounter)

Firearm- CZ 52, Charter Arms Undercover, Sig 226, or on occasion a Glock 20. (don't harsh me on the CZ, it was my first gun, still near and dear to my heart in spite of its shortcomings)

Holster- Fobus Paddle, or Galco Miami Classic (don't judge me.), Blackhawk Serpa, some old leather for revolver.

Ammunition- Oh-so-variable.

Knife- After 2 broken multitools and an INCREDIBLY dissapointing Buck Hunter, I've just about given up and am waiting to torture a Spyderco Delica 4.

ID- Only while driving or when I have to, which often cramps my style if I leave my wallet in the car and have to run out of a shop to go get it.

Flashlight- No tactical lights here, not that I don't want a Surefire E2D, but I just don't have use for one while I'm out.

Misc- A good lawyers card and common sense.
    Last edited by heliopolissolutions; 07-17-2010 at 08:53 PM.

CA for now, NH soon
    What kind of:

Voice recorder - None

Video recorder - Cell phone with app (live broadcast and archiving over the internet. They can't delete what's not on the phone)

Firearm - Glock 19, 9x19mm. XS Big Dot tritium night sights installed.

Holster - Currently a Safariland ALS 6378, soon to be a Raven Concealment Phantom OWB that will allow me to carry my Glock with the TLR-1s taclight attached.

Ammunition - Winchester PDX1 Bonded JHP, 124gr +P. Successor to the Ranger series and a throwback to the old Talons. Current issue of the FBI.

Knife - Spyderco Endura 4 G10

ID, light, multitool, misc? - No ID while carrying. No handheld taclight currently, the one that I was carrying is not functional at the moment. Will have the TLR-1 on the weapon soon when the new holster arrives next month. I know that's not a substitute for a handheld light, so I will be replacing the non functional light when funds allow.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

East Contra Costa County, California, ,
    normally carry a Glock 20 w/ Blackhawk Serpa

sometimes a Colt Combat Delta Elite (10mm) w/ Galco leather

Cor Bon 135gr JHP

Sony px720 voice recorder

, ,
    Another 10mm man, I like that.

San Diego, California, United States
    What kind of:
    Voice recorder Sony px-820
    Video recorder none
    Firearm Ruger gp-100 .357 magnum
    Holster Uncle Mike's #3
    Ammunition Winchester JHP
    Knife any folding blade
    ID, light, multitool, misc? 2 or 3 cell mini-mag and wallet with id (not that i will necessarily show it)