• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry?

heliopolissolutions

Hey folks.
Well, we never really get to be too light hearted around here, or even just BS for a bit, its always some new incredulous action by the State or some harassment by antis.

I don't think theres been one of these threads in a while, but here goes.
What do you guys carry while UOCing?

What kind of:
Voice recorder
Video recorder
Firearm
Holster
Ammunition
Knife
ID, light, multitool, misc?

I've bought about 4 different voice recorders now, for UOC and for recording lectures, but none of them really have been adequate, had I saved my money I probably could have just bought one outstanding expensive one.

Voice recorder- Panasonic RR US551 (performs 'meh', but after some things happened I NEVER go anywhere without it)

Video recorder- My Motorola Droid (not that I ever really have time or opportunity to get it out if theres an LEO encounter)

Firearm- CZ 52, Charter Arms Undercover, Sig 226, or on occasion a Glock 20. (don't harsh me on the CZ, it was my first gun, still near and dear to my heart in spite of its shortcomings)

Holster- Fobus Paddle, or Galco Miami Classic (don't judge me.), Blackhawk Serpa, some old leather for revolver.

Ammunition- Oh-so-variable.

Knife- After 2 broken multitools and an INCREDIBLY dissapointing Buck Hunter, I've just about given up and am waiting to torture a Spyderco Delica 4.

ID- Only while driving or when I have to, which often cramps my style if I leave my wallet in the car and have to run out of a shop to go get it.

Flashlight- No tactical lights here, not that I don't want a Surefire E2D, but I just don't have use for one while I'm out.

Misc- A good lawyers card and common sense.

Last edited:

wewd

What kind of:

Voice recorder - None

Video recorder - Cell phone with Qik.com app (live broadcast and archiving over the internet. They can't delete what's not on the phone)

Firearm - Glock 19, 9x19mm. XS Big Dot tritium night sights installed.

Holster - Currently a Safariland ALS 6378, soon to be a Raven Concealment Phantom OWB that will allow me to carry my Glock with the TLR-1s taclight attached.

Ammunition - Winchester PDX1 Bonded JHP, 124gr +P. Successor to the Ranger series and a throwback to the old Talons. Current issue of the FBI.

Knife - Spyderco Endura 4 G10

ID, light, multitool, misc? - No ID while carrying. No handheld taclight currently, the one that I was carrying is not functional at the moment. Will have the TLR-1 on the weapon soon when the new holster arrives next month. I know that's not a substitute for a handheld light, so I will be replacing the non functional light when funds allow.

Devilinbp

What kind of:
Voice recorder Sony px-820
Video recorder none
Firearm Ruger gp-100 .357 magnum
Holster Uncle Mike's #3
Ammunition Winchester JHP
Knife any folding blade
ID, light, multitool, misc? 2 or 3 cell mini-mag and wallet with id (not that i will necessarily show it)

Ca Patriot

i use an IPhone 3G for audio and video. i tested it and i can get at least 4 hours of video. i use a password protection so the cops cant turn it off or delete it

gun - XD 9

Last edited: