Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wallmart not oc friendly! (yakima)

Wallmart not oc friendly! (yakima)

My brother and his friend were just told that they were not allowed to oc because wallmarts policy is no firearms inless your law enforcement. has anybody else had this happen to them yet?
    Last edited by erich_kopp; 07-17-2010 at 10:46 PM.

If I am not mistaken the NWCDL website has letters from Walmart EXECS on Ccompany letterhead that states that
    "Walmart's policy is to follow state laws" I would print out about 4 of these and turn one into the manager on duty, on to the general manager, keep one for myself to carry on me and send one to the local paper with a letter to the editor about how Walmart is driscriminating against you despite their clear cut corporate policy stating differently.

Then again that is just me...

Quote Originally Posted by erich_kopp View Post
    My brother and his friend were just told that they were not allowed to oc because wallmarts policy is no firearms inless your law enforcement. has anybody else had this happen to them yet?
    Curious who told him that firearms where not allowed? a greeter maybe?
    Did they request for Management or just let it drop?

I thought someone posted Corporate Policy on this issue sometime ago but I was unable to find it.

it was 2 managers and a security guard.

this happened to me and my friend

when i walked into walmart by the auto center an assistant supervising manager not only called the manager on duty but also called the police department to see if it was legal to even open carry. you should of seen his face when the police said no they could not arrest us nor intervene he was mad about that. but when the lady manager got there she was getting a little irate. saying that they would not sell us anything unless we put the gun in our car. and than she proceeded to say what were we thinking even carrying a gun in that area. and than she asked for my permit i told her i didnt need one and that yes i did have one but i did not have to show her. than she got even more mad called some other manager who said that the new walmart policy was no guns allowed except for police. so than we left outside i flagged a security officer who told me in the 5 years he has worked there guns were not allowed than proceeded to tell me that it was even posted and when we went to the front he just said oh i dont know what happened to the posting but it must have recently been taken down and like i said to him in 7 years of going to that store i have never seen a thing on the window which made the officer mad and he said well the store can implement any policy it wants when they want to. and that if we had a problem with that than get ahold of corporate.
    so i got ahold of the other yakima store they said the same thing open carry was not allowed. and that every walmart can implement its own policies.
    Last edited by rob535861; 07-17-2010 at 11:28 PM.

will anyone boycott the walmart with us. and yes im feeling smacked down i shop at this store i spend thousands there and the years i have open carry i have never felt so discriminated against i honestly think it was because my friend and i are white and those managers are hispanic. thats what i honestly feel does anyone really have any good info at all of what to do. or just leave it be. i know i will never ever promote another walmart product if this is what they are about now. and monday i will be getting ahold of the store head manager michael rainey. and if that doesnt pan out i will get ahold of arkansas to see what there policy is. also i probably will talk to a couple of lawyers about discrimination i dont know if maybe im over reacting because i am upset.

Get the number for the regional manager and make contact with that person. I have the Western Washington Regional Manager's number in my phone for just this type of Walmart issue.....

Washington Regional Manager
    Don Roseborough 360-657-1192

Quote Originally Posted by mskittie View Post
    Get the number for the regional manager and make contact with that person. I have the Western Washington Regional Manager's number in my phone for just this type of Walmart issue.....

What she said....

Don't worry about it to much.. I am 100% certain that Walmart corporate allows OC. So simply email corporate, be extra nice and professional, and notify them of the situation. They will get back with you quickly and will most likely notify the management of that store that they MUST follow corporate policy. Make sure to stay cool and professional and it will be glorious when you proudly express your 2nd amendment rights in front of the grumpy management.

Quote Originally Posted by mskittie View Post

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by kootsoup View Post
    Don't worry about it to much.. I am 100% certain that Walmart corporate allows OC. So simply email corporate, be extra nice and professional, and notify them of the situation. They will get back with you quickly and will most likely notify the management of that store that they MUST follow corporate policy. Make sure to stay cool and professional and it will be glorious when you proudly express your 2nd amendment rights in front of the grumpy management.
    They do allow it. I am Asset Protection for Wal Mart. We have a training bulletin in our Wal Mart system that specifically says to NOT call 911 if we see someone carrying a holstered firearm, because they may be carrying per law, if the state allows it. There is no policy that restricts citizens from carrying firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by kootsoup View Post
    how do i get the corporate number. not to good at navigating the internet for this type of info. and not sure who to talk to about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    They do allow it. I am Asset Protection for Wal Mart. We have a training bulletin in our Wal Mart system that specifically says to NOT call 911 if we see someone carrying a holstered firearm, because they may be carrying per law, if the state allows it. There is no policy that restricts citizens from carrying firearms.
    but they did call ypd. and they said each walmart has there own policy per management. as soon as the guy saw the holstered firearm he was on me like leech. until he got another manager there. and they said the can restrict it to only police can carry a firearm in the store even the security guy said the same thing. i need a copy of that policy please. because they dont apparently know the rules or regulations.
    Last edited by rob535861; 07-18-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Corporate Mailing Address

Walmart Home Office
    702 SW 8th Street
    Bentonville, Arkansas
    72716-8611
    http://walmartstores.com/7663.aspx

also the feedback section (if that ever gets read....:

http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx
    Last edited by devildoc5; 07-18-2010 at 12:19 AM.

thank you

not to sure if i clicked on the right sites on the site posted to get the info i need but i sent a posting of what happened and exactly what i was asking for on the open carry policy. thank you everyone on your posting. tomorrow though michael rainey the manager will be in and im going to see what he says.

copied from nwcdl.org:

Joe McQueen - Walmart marketing Office: 757-471-1651

Don Roseborough - Walmart Regional manager: 360-657-1192 (Washington)

Walmart Security Chief: 253-7704399 (Puyallup)

Walmart Regional marketing Office - Corey Confer or Robert Reck 570-821-6180

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Is there any way you could get an electronic copy of or scan of that training bulletin? It sounds like we need a copy of it right next to the LEO training bulletins...

+1

A little hot under the collar?

You have came across those that are making it up as it goes and then you spread the fuel by seeking out more to become involved, well unfortunately likely in a negative way.

rob535861 I have responded to your PM and will be willing to assist in what I can.

Do not let someone pull your strings, stay calm and polite at all times and so what they called Yakima PD, what occur was the Manager was able to get a little bit of a legal question answered, they will not respond which is a big move.

Note I contacted Chief Granato about the incident with Erich_Kopp and the open carry issue in Yakima and then to the City Attorney which training is going on right now for all Officers at YPD on the issues of Open Carry and we will be able to get that information at the end of the month.
    At some level this is starting to work even though you had an issue with a Manager at Walmart.

Even talking with a YPD Officer in many occasions do not have the straight information as I found out when I had an appointment with the YPD Chief on the No Guns Ordinance in City Parks and he even went to a point that he would cite me, Chief agreed with me as well as the City Council and 3 ordinances were either removed or corrected.
    Ask question of those who can do something about it, otherwise you will get a mixed bag of answers.

The number to call is 1-800-WALMART and the ball will get to moving but first if you and Erich want to meet for coffee before calling, PM me.
    Last edited by BigDave; 07-18-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Hopefully while you were there you got the names of everyone that said that you can not carry per Wal-Mart policy, and hopefully next time you go it will be to get a recorder.

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    copied from nwcdl.org:
    i did call the 253 number all it i got was the southhill wal mart security and they didnt know where to direct me and the security guy i talked to said he didnt know who for me to talk to about it and he also said he could not give me a policy copy.

Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    Hopefully while you were there you got the names of everyone that said that you can not carry per Wal-Mart policy, and hopefully next time you go it will be to get a recorder.
    i was so mad i will honestly say i did not get there names but when i went to get there names the one lady said she could not give me there names because she would lose her job if she did and yes she was a witness to what happened. so yes strike 1 on my part. trying to stay calm with these liberal idiots but it is so damn . hard. but also i will be getting a recorder from now on to carry.
    Last edited by rob535861; 07-18-2010 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    A little hot under the collar?

You have came across those that are making it up as it goes and then you spread the fuel by seeking out more to become involved, well unfortunately likely in a negative way.

rob535861 I have responded to your PM and will be willing to assist in what I can.

Do not let someone pull your strings, stay calm and polite at all times and so what they called Yakima PD, what occur was the Manager was able to get a little bit of a legal question answered, they will not respond which is a big move.

Note I contacted Chief Granato about the incident with Erich_Kopp and the open carry issue in Yakima and then to the City Attorney which training is going on right now for all Officers at YPD on the issues of Open Carry and we will be able to get that information at the end of the month.
    At some level this is starting to work even though you had an issue with a Manager at Walmart.

Even talking with a YPD Officer in many occasions do not have the straight information as I found out when I had an appointment with the YPD Chief on the No Guns Ordinance in City Parks and he even went to a point that he would cite me, Chief agreed with me as well as the City Council and 3 ordinances were either removed or corrected.
    Ask question of those who can do something about it, otherwise you will get a mixed bag of answers.

The number to call is 1-800-WALMART and the ball will get to moving but first if you and Erich want to meet for coffee before calling, PM me.
    how do i do it in a negative way? how am i spreading the fuel? yes im pretty new to the website but not to open carry. i have learned alot on this site on what to do and what not to do. and i thank everyone for there help. but honestly big dave i think there is a discrimination going on with these 2 managers from walmart and yes i could be wrong. it just feels like it.

rob my meaning behind adding fuel to the fire, is that you sought out others in attempt to side with you and when it was not found, well I can see you added to fuel your fire and promote the Managers and Security to unite in the cause to not allow open carry.

Not to be overly concern it is a normal reaction when confronted when one feels they have been wronged as in this case.

Just note, if you are asked to leave for any reason, one must leave or be trespassed that is until our 2nd Amendment Rights are respected as a civil right as Freedom of Religion or Speech which still has a couple of restrictions.

Note that when approaching this, they are a private company and corporate can turn around and just say NOPE NO MORE and CLICK end of discussion.
    Present yourself in a calm and informed position and go into this knowing where you really stand and try to persuade them into your way of thinking.

This should not be a IN YOUR FACE OR SHOVE IT DOWN THEIR THROAT approach, you will need to be a diplomat.

On the reverse discrimination issue, did they allow another person of a different origin open carry and picked you out?
    I know the feeling on this as it does happen but to prove it is another issue.
    Last edited by BigDave; 07-18-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    All it took for me is to go to Walmart website and e-mail them through there. I got a call from the manager who apologized, because the folks who aproached me misrepresented themselves as management and misrepresented Wal-mart policy. So that might be all it takes too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast