• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wallmart not oc friendly! (yakima)

erich_kopp

My brother and his friend were just told that they were not allowed to oc because wallmarts policy is no firearms inless your law enforcement. has anybody else had this happen to them yet?

Last edited:

devildoc5

If I am not mistaken the NWCDL website has letters from Walmart EXECS on Ccompany letterhead that states that
"Walmart's policy is to follow state laws" I would print out about 4 of these and turn one into the manager on duty, on to the general manager, keep one for myself to carry on me and send one to the local paper with a letter to the editor about how Walmart is driscriminating against you despite their clear cut corporate policy stating differently.

Then again that is just me...

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
My brother and his friend were just told that they were not allowed to oc because wallmarts policy is no firearms inless your law enforcement. has anybody else had this happen to them yet?

Curious who told him that firearms where not allowed? a greeter maybe?
Did they request for Management or just let it drop?

I thought someone posted Corporate Policy on this issue sometime ago but I was unable to find it.

rob ral

this happened to me and my friend

when i walked into walmart by the auto center an assistant supervising manager not only called the manager on duty but also called the police department to see if it was legal to even open carry. you should of seen his face when the police said no they could not arrest us nor intervene he was mad about that. but when the lady manager got there she was getting a little irate. saying that they would not sell us anything unless we put the gun in our car. and than she proceeded to say what were we thinking even carrying a gun in that area. and than she asked for my permit i told her i didnt need one and that yes i did have one but i did not have to show her. than she got even more mad called some other manager who said that the new walmart policy was no guns allowed except for police. so than we left outside i flagged a security officer who told me in the 5 years he has worked there guns were not allowed than proceeded to tell me that it was even posted and when we went to the front he just said oh i dont know what happened to the posting but it must have recently been taken down and like i said to him in 7 years of going to that store i have never seen a thing on the window which made the officer mad and he said well the store can implement any policy it wants when they want to. and that if we had a problem with that than get ahold of corporate.
so i got ahold of the other yakima store they said the same thing open carry was not allowed. and that every walmart can implement its own policies.

Last edited:

rob ral

will anyone boycott the walmart with us. and yes im feeling smacked down i shop at this store i spend thousands there and the years i have open carry i have never felt so discriminated against i honestly think it was because my friend and i are white and those managers are hispanic. thats what i honestly feel does anyone really have any good info at all of what to do. or just leave it be. i know i will never ever promote another walmart product if this is what they are about now. and monday i will be getting ahold of the store head manager michael rainey. and if that doesnt pan out i will get ahold of arkansas to see what there policy is. also i probably will talk to a couple of lawyers about discrimination i dont know if maybe im over reacting because i am upset.

mskittie

Get the number for the regional manager and make contact with that person. I have the Western Washington Regional Manager's number in my phone for just this type of Walmart issue.....

Washington Regional Manager
Don Roseborough 360-657-1192

kootsoup

Don't worry about it to much.. I am 100% certain that Walmart corporate allows OC. So simply email corporate, be extra nice and professional, and notify them of the situation. They will get back with you quickly and will most likely notify the management of that store that they MUST follow corporate policy. Make sure to stay cool and professional and it will be glorious when you proudly express your 2nd amendment rights in front of the grumpy management.

.45ACPaddy

Get the number for the regional manager and make contact with that person. I have the Western Washington Regional Manager's number in my phone for just this type of Walmart issue.....

Washington Regional Manager
Don Roseborough 360-657-1192

Welcome to the forum!

Aaron1124

Don't worry about it to much.. I am 100% certain that Walmart corporate allows OC. So simply email corporate, be extra nice and professional, and notify them of the situation. They will get back with you quickly and will most likely notify the management of that store that they MUST follow corporate policy. Make sure to stay cool and professional and it will be glorious when you proudly express your 2nd amendment rights in front of the grumpy management.

They do allow it. I am Asset Protection for Wal Mart. We have a training bulletin in our Wal Mart system that specifically says to NOT call 911 if we see someone carrying a holstered firearm, because they may be carrying per law, if the state allows it. There is no policy that restricts citizens from carrying firearms.

rob ral

how do i get the corporate number. not to good at navigating the internet for this type of info. and not sure who to talk to about this.

rob ral

They do allow it. I am Asset Protection for Wal Mart. We have a training bulletin in our Wal Mart system that specifically says to NOT call 911 if we see someone carrying a holstered firearm, because they may be carrying per law, if the state allows it. There is no policy that restricts citizens from carrying firearms.

but they did call ypd. and they said each walmart has there own policy per management. as soon as the guy saw the holstered firearm he was on me like leech. until he got another manager there. and they said the can restrict it to only police can carry a firearm in the store even the security guy said the same thing. i need a copy of that policy please. because they dont apparently know the rules or regulations.

Last edited:

rob ral

thank you

not to sure if i clicked on the right sites on the site posted to get the info i need but i sent a posting of what happened and exactly what i was asking for on the open carry policy. thank you everyone on your posting. tomorrow though michael rainey the manager will be in and im going to see what he says.

devildoc5

copied from nwcdl.org:

Joe McQueen - Walmart marketing Office: 757-471-1651

Don Roseborough - Walmart Regional manager: 360-657-1192 (Washington)

Walmart Security Chief: 253-7704399 (Puyallup)

Walmart Regional marketing Office - Corey Confer or Robert Reck 570-821-6180

John Hardin

Is there any way you could get an electronic copy of or scan of that training bulletin? It sounds like we need a copy of it right next to the LEO training bulletins...

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
A little hot under the collar?

You have came across those that are making it up as it goes and then you spread the fuel by seeking out more to become involved, well unfortunately likely in a negative way.

rob535861 I have responded to your PM and will be willing to assist in what I can.

Do not let someone pull your strings, stay calm and polite at all times and so what they called Yakima PD, what occur was the Manager was able to get a little bit of a legal question answered, they will not respond which is a big move.

Note I contacted Chief Granato about the incident with Erich_Kopp and the open carry issue in Yakima and then to the City Attorney which training is going on right now for all Officers at YPD on the issues of Open Carry and we will be able to get that information at the end of the month.
At some level this is starting to work even though you had an issue with a Manager at Walmart.

Even talking with a YPD Officer in many occasions do not have the straight information as I found out when I had an appointment with the YPD Chief on the No Guns Ordinance in City Parks and he even went to a point that he would cite me, Chief agreed with me as well as the City Council and 3 ordinances were either removed or corrected.
Ask question of those who can do something about it, otherwise you will get a mixed bag of answers.

The number to call is 1-800-WALMART and the ball will get to moving but first if you and Erich want to meet for coffee before calling, PM me.

Last edited:

amzbrady

Hopefully while you were there you got the names of everyone that said that you can not carry per Wal-Mart policy, and hopefully next time you go it will be to get a recorder.