Thread: OC at a city park (Lakeside Park) in Chesapeake

OC at a city park (Lakeside Park) in Chesapeake

I am going to lakeside park in chesapeake tomorrow and wondering if i can OC their? I dont see a problem with it but just want to see some others opinions. Fast answers would be appretiated.

Josh

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Yes

15.2-915, Code of Virginia
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Yes

15.2-915, Code of Virginia
    Yep - public park owned by the City of Chesapeake and operated by Parks & Recreation = preemption applies.
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+15.2-915
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

so went to the park for the picnic and overheard somebody say the called the police. I went over to the park ranger and asked if they had a call about it and she said that she hadnt heard of anything and radioed another officer and he had not heard of anything either. Both of them also said i was completely legal.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbaker View Post
    so went to the park for the picnic and overheard somebody say the called the police. I went over to the park ranger and asked if they had a call about it and she said that she hadnt heard of anything and radioed another officer and he had not heard of anything either. Both of them also said i was completely legal.
    Someone was trying to bluff you - didn't work did it.

Whenever I have picked up a negative "following" at fairs and such, I will seek out a LEO and engage him/her in off topic discussion like "What is the estimated crowd here today?" or "Where are the porta-johns?" Then thank them and walk away - drives the antis bananas and calms the fence sitters as my pretty 1911 is like a jewel in the sun - hard to miss - but didn't raise the LEO's eyebrows.

There is a madness to my method.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Someone was trying to bluff you - didn't work did it.

Whenever I have picked up a negative "following" at fairs and such, I will seek out a LEO and engage him/her in off topic discussion like "What is the estimated crowd here today?" or "Where are the porta-johns?" Then thank them and walk away - drives the antis bananas and calms the fence sitters as my pretty 1911 is like a jewel in the sun - hard to miss - but didn't raise the LEO's eyebrows.

There is a madness to my method.
    i used fishing. And wether or not they stock the pond there or not. Was a good LEO experience.