• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at a city park (Lakeside Park) in Chesapeake

joshbaker

I am going to lakeside park in chesapeake tomorrow and wondering if i can OC their? I dont see a problem with it but just want to see some others opinions. Fast answers would be appretiated.

Josh

joshbaker

so went to the park for the picnic and overheard somebody say the called the police. I went over to the park ranger and asked if they had a call about it and she said that she hadnt heard of anything and radioed another officer and he had not heard of anything either. Both of them also said i was completely legal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
so went to the park for the picnic and overheard somebody say the called the police. I went over to the park ranger and asked if they had a call about it and she said that she hadnt heard of anything and radioed another officer and he had not heard of anything either. Both of them also said i was completely legal.

Someone was trying to bluff you - didn't work did it. :D

Whenever I have picked up a negative "following" at fairs and such, I will seek out a LEO and engage him/her in off topic discussion like "What is the estimated crowd here today?" or "Where are the porta-johns?" Then thank them and walk away - drives the antis bananas and calms the fence sitters as my pretty 1911 is like a jewel in the sun - hard to miss - but didn't raise the LEO's eyebrows. :lol:

There is a madness to my method.

joshbaker

Someone was trying to bluff you - didn't work did it. :D

Whenever I have picked up a negative "following" at fairs and such, I will seek out a LEO and engage him/her in off topic discussion like "What is the estimated crowd here today?" or "Where are the porta-johns?" Then thank them and walk away - drives the antis bananas and calms the fence sitters as my pretty 1911 is like a jewel in the sun - hard to miss - but didn't raise the LEO's eyebrows. :lol:

There is a madness to my method.

:cool: i used fishing. And wether or not they stock the pond there or not. Was a good LEO experience.