View Poll Results: What political party do you affiliate with?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

18 32.73%
  • Conservative Independent

27 49.09%
  • Liberal Independent

7 12.73%
  • Democrat

3 5.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Political Party Affiliation Poll

Political Party Affiliation Poll

I am curious about the political affiliation of gun owners who carry.

you missed mine. Constitutionalist.

http://www.constitutionpartymo.org/
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Missed mine as well.

Libertarian
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

I recognize only the American two party system. I only allowed for liberal or conservative independents to get which side they lean towards. I am not interested in random third parties for this research. Who do you align with more? who do you vote into office more? that is the question. membership in the fascist party of science, libertarian, green, etc... is irrelevant, sorry.
    Last edited by Vector; 07-18-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I recognize only the American two party system.
    The two party system is anti-American.

Sorry, bzzzzt, fail.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

Sorry, bzzzzt, fail.
    Oh dear god don't start. When we vote for Senators, Presidents, Etc, it's one, or the other. I'm Finishing up my last classes for my Political Science degree.... This data is actually relevant to a research paper

Edit: While the small sample gathered so far isn't enough for a conclusion, it is however reflecting initial guesses
    Last edited by Vector; 07-18-2010 at 05:55 AM.

When we vote for Senators, Presidents, Etc, it's one, or the other.
    Whatever gave you that idea? Quite a few people don't vote binary in elections. Is we inclusive or exclusive here, i.e., do you have a mouse in your pocket?

it is however reflecting initial guesses
    Paul Helmke is a Republican, oops there's an outlier (pun intended) data point.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    It'll be interesting to see the summary statistics, here, justifying the "initial guesses". There are about ten responses so far in a very poorly characterized population with users often accused of representing many sockpuppets. This appears to be a push poll, pushing, justifying, the author's pre-conceived conclusions.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 07-18-2010 at 06:54 AM.

No whig selection?

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

Sorry, bzzzzt, fail.
    no only ANTI American, but broken & very corrupt.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

None of the above.

Campaign Veteran

You need to add more options......

You missed mine as well constitutionalist, libertarian, independant

Campaign Veteran
    Oh dear god don't start. When we vote for Senators, Presidents, Etc, it's one, or the other. I'm Finishing up my last classes for my Political Science degree.... This data is actually relevant to a research paper

Edit: While the small sample gathered so far isn't enough for a conclusion, it is however reflecting initial guesses

no...... If you want any accurate information you should give a "real" amount of options. The poll is biased... and almost insulting to many of us. You act like as if we don't align ourselves with any of these select beliefs our opinions or beliefs don't matter in the American political system.

Start a new thread with a new poll and add more options, we'd be happy to respond.

Banned
    The poster who starts a poll has a question he wants answered. He doesn't want to answer your questions. He wants an answer to his. Barring a totally ridiculous set of choices, criticizing his choice of choices is a bit pointless.

His set of choices is not ridiculous. Considering that one of those two parties is going to control the presidency, the Senate, and the House and none of those minor parties have even a remote shot at doing so, it is a reasonable question which of the two you prefer.

So, answer or don't. But, criticizing the set of choices, in this case, is a waste of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    So, answer or don't. But, criticizing the set of choices, in this case, is a waste of bandwidth.
    Not really, his bias was evident in his response here;
    ((I recognize only the American two party system.))

If that's the kind of thinking they turn out for people with Political Science Degree's then it is obvious they have not taught much history in that curriculum. It is part of the problem that the mindless masses also believe there are only two choices and even if they believe in another candidate from a third party they either don't vote or vote Republican or Democrat because they want to vote for a winner.

Show me please in the Constitution or in the Federalist or anti-Federalist papers where it is American to only have two parties.

Bad poll, sorry but that is my opinion.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The poster who starts a poll has a question he wants answered. He doesn't want to answer your questions. He wants an answer to his. Barring a totally ridiculous set of choices, criticizing his choice of choices is a bit pointless.

His set of choices is not ridiculous. Considering that one of those two parties is going to control the presidency, the Senate, and the House and none of those minor parties have even a remote shot at doing so, it is a reasonable question which of the two you prefer.

He's not asking who we would vote for with but rather which party we are affiliated with. In his first post and the poll itself says nothing about voting. Which makes me further belief that he may already have a biased view towards gun owners, even if he himself is one. I can't answer the question and I believe he will probobly misrepresent gun owners in his research paper if he uses his poll question solely in the way it is worded in his original post.

So yeah I will criticize.....

Ben
    Last edited by BJA; 07-18-2010 at 01:01 PM.

I'm registered with Voter Registration as a LIBERTARIAN.
    I'm fiscally conservative meaning I support a balanced budget and not spending more than we take in via taxes. I support minimum taxation and strict oversight of government spending.
    I'm socally liberal meaning I support Gay Rights/Marriage and abortion rights.
    I am a Constitutionalist in that I support the spirit of the US Constitution and the Republic as it was founded. I want the government to enforce the laws it is supposed to enforce and leave everything else to the States and their communities.
    I'm atheist and support the separation of Church and State.
    I strongly support the Right to keep and bear arms.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    None of the above.

Fail

I recognize only the American two party system. I only allowed for liberal or conservative independents to get which side they lean towards. I am not interested in random third parties for this research. Who do you align with more? who do you vote into office more? that is the question. membership in the fascist party of science, libertarian, green, etc... is irrelevant, sorry.

COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR: No personal attacks!

You're asking us for assistance and you insult us with an attitude like this?

Though I am a member of neither the republican or the Tea Party, after November they will emergew as the two parties in many parts of the USA>
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

I recognize only the American two party system.
    How sad for you. Just look at the responses so far and you'll see how pointless your poll is with its limited selections. What is your favorite color? Keep in mind that I only recognize Teal and Fuschia as viable opinions.
    "The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe

At risk of feeding the trolls, I will attempt to clarify one more time. If you do not see yourself as one of the two main parties, you are independent of them. I will define independent as any non-primary holding party. now ask yourself, is my non major party more conservative, or more liberal. If you don't like my options, don't answer. This poll is not meant to give everyone the warm and fuzzes. I simply want to know who gun owners are more likely to put into major offices.

now ask yourself, is my non major party more conservative, or more liberal.
    My party is more liberal on some issues and more conservative on others than either of the two parties that you recognize. Your initial question is flawed and on this forum it would seem to address a minority of the members, at least as you have expressed it. If half of the people who have responded are trolls by your definition, than perhaps your definition of that word is as flawed as your original poll.
    "The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    This appears to be a push poll, pushing, justifying, the author's pre-conceived conclusions.
    Well, of course it is. If he wanted to know the actual affiliations, instead of polling, he would have surveyed one question, "which established political party is closest to your ideals."

Then he would have just tabulated the results. "Hmmm. Got 16 Repulsivecans. 17 Demonrats. 12 Constitutionalists. 8 1/2 Libertarians....Hmmmm, got four 'no party' answers, I'll count those as independents. Hey! Where did these 27 Ron Paulians come from? That ain't no political party."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast