• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Political Party Affiliation Poll

What political party do you affiliate with?

• Total voters

Vector

I recognize only the American two party system. I only allowed for liberal or conservative independents to get which side they lean towards. I am not interested in random third parties for this research. Who do you align with more? who do you vote into office more? that is the question. membership in the fascist party of science, libertarian, green, etc... is irrelevant, sorry.

Last edited:

Vector

The two party system is anti-American.

Sorry, bzzzzt, fail.

Oh dear god don't start. When we vote for Senators, Presidents, Etc, it's one, or the other. I'm Finishing up my last classes for my Political Science degree.... This data is actually relevant to a research paper

Edit: While the small sample gathered so far isn't enough for a conclusion, it is however reflecting initial guesses

Last edited:

10A

When we vote for Senators, Presidents, Etc, it's one, or the other.

Whatever gave you that idea? Quite a few people don't vote binary in elections. Is we inclusive or exclusive here, i.e., do you have a mouse in your pocket?

it is however reflecting initial guesses

Paul Helmke is a Republican, oops there's an outlier (pun intended) data point.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
It'll be interesting to see the summary statistics, here, justifying the "initial guesses". There are about ten responses so far in a very poorly characterized population with users often accused of representing many sockpuppets. This appears to be a push poll, pushing, justifying, the author's pre-conceived conclusions.

Last edited:

BJA

Campaign Veteran
Oh dear god don't start. When we vote for Senators, Presidents, Etc, it's one, or the other. I'm Finishing up my last classes for my Political Science degree.... This data is actually relevant to a research paper

Edit: While the small sample gathered so far isn't enough for a conclusion, it is however reflecting initial guesses

no...... If you want any accurate information you should give a "real" amount of options. The poll is biased... and almost insulting to many of us. You act like as if we don't align ourselves with any of these select beliefs our opinions or beliefs don't matter in the American political system.

Start a new thread with a new poll and add more options, we'd be happy to respond.

eye95

The poster who starts a poll has a question he wants answered. He doesn't want to answer your questions. He wants an answer to his. Barring a totally ridiculous set of choices, criticizing his choice of choices is a bit pointless.

His set of choices is not ridiculous. Considering that one of those two parties is going to control the presidency, the Senate, and the House and none of those minor parties have even a remote shot at doing so, it is a reasonable question which of the two you prefer.

So, answer or don't. But, criticizing the set of choices, in this case, is a waste of bandwidth.

Old Grump

So, answer or don't. But, criticizing the set of choices, in this case, is a waste of bandwidth.

Not really, his bias was evident in his response here;
((I recognize only the American two party system.))

If that's the kind of thinking they turn out for people with Political Science Degree's then it is obvious they have not taught much history in that curriculum. It is part of the problem that the mindless masses also believe there are only two choices and even if they believe in another candidate from a third party they either don't vote or vote Republican or Democrat because they want to vote for a winner.

Show me please in the Constitution or in the Federalist or anti-Federalist papers where it is American to only have two parties.

Bad poll, sorry but that is my opinion.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
The poster who starts a poll has a question he wants answered. He doesn't want to answer your questions. He wants an answer to his. Barring a totally ridiculous set of choices, criticizing his choice of choices is a bit pointless.

His set of choices is not ridiculous. Considering that one of those two parties is going to control the presidency, the Senate, and the House and none of those minor parties have even a remote shot at doing so, it is a reasonable question which of the two you prefer.

He's not asking who we would vote for with but rather which party we are affiliated with. In his first post and the poll itself says nothing about voting. Which makes me further belief that he may already have a biased view towards gun owners, even if he himself is one. I can't answer the question and I believe he will probobly misrepresent gun owners in his research paper if he uses his poll question solely in the way it is worded in his original post.

So yeah I will criticize.....

Ben

Last edited:

sraacke

I'm registered with Voter Registration as a LIBERTARIAN.
I'm fiscally conservative meaning I support a balanced budget and not spending more than we take in via taxes. I support minimum taxation and strict oversight of government spending.
I'm socally liberal meaning I support Gay Rights/Marriage and abortion rights.
I am a Constitutionalist in that I support the spirit of the US Constitution and the Republic as it was founded. I want the government to enforce the laws it is supposed to enforce and leave everything else to the States and their communities.
I'm atheist and support the separation of Church and State.
I strongly support the Right to keep and bear arms.

simmonsjoe

Fail

I recognize only the American two party system. I only allowed for liberal or conservative independents to get which side they lean towards. I am not interested in random third parties for this research. Who do you align with more? who do you vote into office more? that is the question. membership in the fascist party of science, libertarian, green, etc... is irrelevant, sorry.

COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR: No personal attacks!