• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 shot to death at Lake Sammamish State Park

bcp

More at:
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/423577_sammamish17.html

Two people were shot to death and six others wounded by gunfire Saturday night at Lake Sammamish State Park, according to the King County Sheriff's Office.

"Wwe don't know if they're innocent victims, people caught in the crossfire, a suspects, another shooter -- we don't know," said sheriff's spokesman John Urquhart. He added that it was too early to say what led to the gunfire.

Urquhart said police were expected to be in the park all night processing the scene.

The incident happened about 9 p.m. at the park along Northwest Sammamish Road in Issaquah. State Patrol spokesman Cliff Pratt said the initial call came from a park ranger who heard shots fired.

devildoc5

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/98688659.html#idc-container

This incident brought to you by the National Rifle Association and their Push to put more and more weapons on the streets.

The rest of the world is looking at the US with disgust as our weapons make their way all over the world.

I agree with posters in other forums that say the police should be able to stop and check for weapons at will.

Just a heads up about the sentiment already spilling out from this tragedy (apparently at least, unless it turns out to be gang related and they were the only ones hurt, gang members that is. No love lost or tears shed if you put yourself in that kind of a violent situation on a constant basis) Nothing about the victims and their families and nothing about mourning or anything else. Just pro-Brady rhetoric trying to capitalize on a tragedy and take it over for their own cause regardless of who gets hurt or emotionally distraught in the process.

Come to think of it....Why does this not surprise me????

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Just a heads up about the sentiment already spilling out from this tragedy (apparently at least, unless it turns out to be gang related and they were the only ones hurt, gang members that is. No love lost or tears shed if you put yourself in that kind of a violent situation on a constant basis) Nothing about the victims and their families and nothing about mourning or anything else. Just pro-Brady rhetoric trying to capitalize on a tragedy and take it over for their own cause regardless of who gets hurt or emotionally distraught in the process.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste!"

Report just said they found one & gun and "several guns in a car." Sounds maybe gang or drug related to me. Not that it matters to the anti's...

OrangeIsTrouble

At least that comment is -74 so far.

Tawnos

Wow, we were driving home from pizza (girlfriend's first time OCing!) and saw police, fire, and ambulances swarming to the park. At least we know what happened now. Of course, I see the usual drivel in response. *shrug*

hrlysef

Banned
If this is true where's the "police presence" that the anti's say is all we need for protection? Sure worked this time didn't it.

Sorry, but I'll rely on my own abilities (and my personal firearm) to be my own security.

Excerpt from Seattle PI online:

"We thought they were fireworks at first because there were so many in a row, like 15 or more," park visitor Laura Thoren told KOMO-TV/4. "We didn't pay that much attention to it until the cops that were nearby in the parking lot zoomed off to find out what was going on."

Even with police presence in the parking lot they were unable to respond fast enough to stop the shooting, and the article did imply it was gang related.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/423577_sammamish17.html?source=rss

.45ACPaddy

Another case of people that shouldn't have had guns who did have them. Yup, laws sure do work well on criminals. Oh, wait...

showpro

So, let's say you're there, and the shooting breaks out. Do you get into the middle of it?

And what happens when the nearby cops show up and you're one of the "gunmen?"

Personally, I'd duck and cover and only draw my weapon when I felt personally threatened. Which might get me killed. Of course, drawing and staying behind cover might get me killed, too.

That's one sticky situation, right there.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Cover, move, reload...

No.

Seek cover. Move.

From my understanding, there were more than one gun and more than one thug involved. It would be unlikely that you would be in a position of strength to end the felony. Therefore, personal preservation is the only motivation. Move and seek cover.

So, let's say you're there, and the shooting breaks out. Do you get into the middle of it?

And what happens when the nearby cops show up and you're one of the "gunmen?"

Personally, I'd duck and cover and only draw my weapon when I felt personally threatened. Which might get me killed. Of course, drawing and staying behind cover might get me killed, too.

That's one sticky situation, right there.

Dave_pro2a

Wait a second... you mean that criminal gang members, alcohol and guns don't mix?

I'm shocked, absolutly shocked.

fight4your_rights

Anyone catch this little tidbit from the Seattle Times?

Sandy Mealing, spokeswoman with the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, said it hopes to reopen the park Monday but that depends on the investigation.

Visitors can bring handguns into state parks if they have a concealed-weapons permit, said Mealing. The Sheriff's Office has not said whether the two men killed or the others who were armed had legal permits.

Um, yeah.

antispam540

No.

Seek cover. Move.

From my understanding, there were more than one gun and more than one thug involved. It would be unlikely that you would be in a position of strength to end the felony. Therefore, personal preservation is the only motivation. Move and seek cover.

Wait for them to kill each other, then jump out and act like you took them all on at once ;)

knight_308

I moonlight delivering pizza in this area and let me tell you, for nearly an hour we were seeing cops, ambulances, and fire trucks running with lights and sirens in that direction. What frustrates me is that I wasn't able to get any info on it until my wife called me after seeing the news on TV. None of the local news radio stations said a single thing. The first I heard on the radio was on the national news feed at the top of the hour on 570, two hours after the event started.

I really need to get a scanner.

superdeluxe

Is this true?

Lake Sammamish State Park remained closed as of Sunday evening. Sandy Mealing, spokeswoman with the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, said it hopes to reopen the park Monday but that depends on the investigation.

Visitors can bring handguns into state parks if they have a concealed-weapons permit, said Mealing. The Sheriff's Office has not said whether the two men killed or the others who were armed had legal permits.

Last edited:

gsx1138

Is this true?

Lake Sammamish State Park remained closed as of Sunday evening. Sandy Mealing, spokeswoman with the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, said it hopes to reopen the park Monday but that depends on the investigation.

Mealing said two park rangers and two park aides were on duty at the time of the shootings. They were in the vicinity, but she didn't know how close.

The park, at the south end of Lake Sammamish in Issaquah, is a popular place for boating and watersport activities. The park closes nightly at dusk, around 10 p.m. during summer.

Which part? You listed a few things. If you're talking about the CPL comment then, No it's not true.

All indications are asian gangs. It sucks we can't just make an arena for these asshats to kill themselves in so they don't have to put other people in danger.

superdeluxe

Which part? You listed a few things. If you're talking about the CPL comment then, No it's not true.

All indications are asian gangs. It sucks we can't just make an arena for these asshats to kill themselves in so they don't have to put other people in danger.

Sorry, yes the CPL part. When I made the post I was looking for the quote button on my own post. Surprised that there is still much misinformation out there, especially with someone that should know what they are talking about.

Last edited:

OrangeIsTrouble

This is why when I find a really nice hidden beach/park I do not bring anyone outside of my close circle of buddies....don't want those nice beaches turning into a BBQ pit+trash.....

Leatherneck

On another note, these gangs were from the South Seattle area. It goes to show that your neighborhood is never as safe as you think. Living outside of the ghetto doesn't mean you're clear of the riff-raff.