• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's this fuss about Town Square Mall?

Nevada carrier

My girlfriend and I recently visited Town Square Mall where we had dinner at the Road House. I Open Carried the whole time, no nasty looks, no panic or even comments by anyone, not even staff. I didn't see any security there nor did I see anything posted that said firearms were not permitted. So what gives, why all the fuss over this place?

paintsnow

Their code of conduct says no Firearms. When the group tried to walk around for a bit, we were immediately met by the head of security and after a short pleasant conversation, kindly asked to leave immediately.

I had also OCed there prior without incident, probably because security did not notice.

BionicJumpy

My girlfriend and I recently visited Town Square Mall where we had dinner at the Road House. I Open Carried the whole time, no nasty looks, no panic or even comments by anyone, not even staff. I didn't see any security there nor did I see anything posted that said firearms were not permitted. So what gives, why all the fuss over this place?

After reading the posting about the jewelry place in and Town Square in general, the last time I was there in the park I see and stop this security guy and ask him about the regulations they have relating to firearms. At first even he doesn't know where the rules are posted, he apologizes and he walks away to find them and let me know. (He even told me I didn't need to carry there. It was safe. Like my wife says, I guess we are safe, because if anything bad happens there, the security can always throw their keys at the person.) 10 min later he comes back and tells me that the closest one is right in front of Tommy Bahamas by the bridge and more of them all over the Town Square plus he gave me a yellow card with the Town Square rules of conduct. In the end, it's all about who sees you and if they bother to stop you.

omegadeity

Ok, this is slightly off topic, but there are two words that caught my attention from this post.

"Road House"

You see, I come from Western New York originally, and they have a "Texas Road House", and another restaurant just called the "Road House" they have fantastic food. I can not seem to find any reference to either franchise being in Nevada(closest Texas Roadhouse is in California) and closest Road House afaik is back in New York.

If there's a Road House there, please let me know.

gmijackso

Ok, this is slightly off topic, but there are two words that caught my attention from this post.

"Road House"

You see, I come from Western New York originally, and they have a "Texas Road House", and another restaurant just called the "Road House" they have fantastic food. I can not seem to find any reference to either franchise being in Nevada(closest Texas Roadhouse is in California) and closest Road House afaik is back in New York.

If there's a Road House there, please let me know.

I'm interested as well, and possibly not as off topic as it seems. There are a few Roadhouse Grills around town, but none in Town Square as far as I know. Even the Town Square website doesn't list them. Nevada Carrier has been around a long time, surely he wasn't mistaken about where he was? :) Perhaps not actually at Town Square? lol or, the world is just slow to update about the opening of a new Roadhouse?

omegadeity

I'm interested as well, and possibly not as off topic as it seems. There are a few Roadhouse Grills around town, but none in Town Square as far as I know. Even the Town Square website doesn't list them. Nevada Carrier has been around a long time, surely he wasn't mistaken about where he was? :) Perhaps not actually at Town Square? lol or, the world is just slow to update about the opening of a new Roadhouse?

Actually, there aren't, unless you know of one for certain.

There are a few hits on Google Search, but the one on Lake Mead got turned into a Denny's, the one on Stephanie's now a China Star Buffet. This is why I felt this was important enough to question...lol.

I've been fiending their food something fierce.

And if there IS a Roadhouse, I will totally OC there to make this somewhat on Topic.

Last edited:

omegadeity

And so it appears my hopes have been destroyed again :(

I guess when I go back to Buffalo(to visit) in September, I'll have to get my fix.

I wish I could OC there...but I don't think I'd do well in PMITA prison.

Snoopy

TRH in St George

If it is Texas Road House you want, just drive up the road a bit to St George. The few meals I have had there were very good and the staff is friendly enough. Never had the opportunity to open carry there, but I would think that given the environment of that part of the state ( I am from the northern part) that it should be fine