• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimber custom 1911

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good thing we don't all like the same cookie cutter gun - different reasons, wants and needs.

Love the variety and selection available.

damienrr

I really hate the walther... just sayin, i personally think it's complete junk. The XD is much more of a firearm in a polymer framed handgun in the same ballpark price range really. And the STI's come in all different prices, I personally like the 1100.00 dollar trojan.

I already own two XDMs, 9 mm and 40 s&w. I dont care for the walther either but ends up being whatever my wife wants. I think walthers are way over priced. She wants something light weight & small in automatic. She has fired XD sub and both my service models. Like I said , I would prefer the LCP but we will see. I have to agree with u on the Trojan That is a nice 1911. Does it come with night sights? Have u shot one? I never heard of them until u posted it on this forum. Surprised, sounds like they are a premiere gun maker. Learning alot out of this website.

Last edited:

ep0k

May be a little late but I was at Cabelas the other day and the guy behind the gun counter was pushing pretty hard to sell me a Kimber Custom 1911. They had a pretty good selection of Kimber .45 ACP models but the prices were mostly in the $1000 range with some as high as $1200. Too thick for my blood.