• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A girl with a gun...

marrero jeff

Dreamer

"
I've been carrying CC for more than two decades and drawn my gun three times in self defense.Guess what,I never have had to pull the trigger on anyone.....So what does that do for your guarantee mister lawdawg?Live some real life,your facts don't wash well with me.

If you've had to draw three times, (which would only be justifiable if you felt you were under a lethal threat) then that is three times more than ANY Ocer that I've ever heard of. If you'd been OCing, the BG would have most likely scooted on down the road looking for a softer target. You're CCing was why you had to draw...

My statement stands.

If you think that doesn't wash, then maybe the wiring on your washing machine is faulty... ;)

MamaLiberty

I'm 64 years old, 5 ft. tall, and open carry an XD compact .45 all day, every day, everywhere for nearly 4 years. Before that I carried a Ruger .357m.

In the beginning, a few people asked me if I thought I could shoot someone to save my life.

I told them "yes, because I already have."

If you, or anyone would like to read the story of that encounter, look at this:
The Man I Might Have Killed http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/08/09/22/editor.htm

<snip>
A man (or anyone) who attacked me today would face a calm, confident, prepared and VERY well armed woman - any time of the day or night. I would hope that he was able to perceive his disadvantage and just go away.

Some would, and some would not.

His choice.

I’ve already made mine.

Last edited:

fozzy71

I've been carrying CC for more than two decades and drawn my gun three times in self defense........

facepalm.jpg

Last edited:

MKEgal

I can't begin to count the number of people who I've talked to face to face who don't notice that I'm carrying.

I had to chuckle about this 'cause my lawyers, of all people, were surprised that I was armed while talking with them. (Illegal police stop & seizure. It's working itself out. Hopefully I'll have my Glock back before too much longer.)

I stood up when they came into the room, shook hands with them, & I was wearing light tan shorts with a white polo shirt, black belt, black IWB holster, black gun. Not exactly concealment.

A while later one of them says something like "if I saw someone carrying a gun, I'd be freaked out."
To which, of course, I just had to reply "do I freak you out?" (I did think about it a second first.)
"No."
"Would you be more comfortable if you had control of my gun while we're talking?"
"No..." (As he looks toward my waist, which at this point was below tabletop level.)

I didn't chuckle 'til I was alone, but it was such a great example of people
A) not seeing what's in front of them and
B) not really knowing how they'd feel about a situation 'til they're in it

And no, I don't generally offer to let other people take my gun, but I wanted to emphasize to him that I was quite reasonable, polite, calm, & absolutely no threat.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

From what I've seen, this has happened ONCE, and that was an event in Wisconsin about a month ago, and that incident has such dicey circumstances that many folks are of the opinion that it was some sort of staged "false flag" event by the "antis" to make OC look bad...

It has been verified. The person who was disarmed by the BG is a member of Wisconsin Carry. The Chairman of Wisconsin Carry has talked to the victim and vouched for him.

Adam H

The whole point behind CC has NOTHING to do with "surprising the BG". The entire reason behind CC is that it allows people to be prepared to defend themselves without having to worry about "scaring the sheep" who have been brainwashed to believe that ALL guns are evil. CC is a "workaround" to allow people to carry and yet not cause hoplophobes, Anti's and soccer moms to get all worked up into a lather.

This is exactly why I rarely OC anymore. When I first turned 21 and got my first pistol, I OC'ed almost everywhere I went. After dealing with a few people, I decided that I really didn't care to deal with the hassle that OC brings sometimes. I quit carrying until I got my CCW and now I'm back to carrying almost everywhere.

I still support the right to OC, but I believe that there is a time and place to OC and a time and place to CC. Right now, it's time for me to CC and maybe I'll start OC'ing again someday.

simmonsjoe

Fool

" I've been carrying for a decade
I hope and pray that I never draw my firearm in a self-defense situation
CC GUARANTEES that you'll have to shoot."

I've been carrying CC for more than two decades and drawn my gun three times in self defense.Guess what,I never have had to pull the trigger on anyone.....So what does that do for your guarantee mister lawdawg?Live some real life,your facts don't wash well with me.
OK. Well I've been carrying for 5 years.
I've had to draw my weapon at least 3 three times. I've put my hand on it numerous times. I have shot and killed someone. (while CCing)
Never had to touch my weapon while OCing.

Dreamer is 100% on target here, on all points. I believe the benefits of CC are a myth. He is right to pray he never has to shoot anyone. You should pray too. It is a horrible horrible experience.

The main benefit of CC (how I usually carry) is anonymity.

There is a second, sort of warped benefit some see. Some give up the deterrence factor of OC because it reduces the chance a BG will bypass you for someone else who is helpless. That isn't usually their reasoning or intent, sadly.

Last edited:

Ed69

If you've had to draw three times, (which would only be justifiable if you felt you were under a lethal threat) then that is three times more than ANY Ocer that I've ever heard of. If you'd been OCing, the BG would have most likely scooted on down the road looking for a softer target. You're CCing was why you had to draw...

My statement stands.

If you think that doesn't wash, then maybe the wiring on your washing machine is faulty... ;)

I guess you don't remember saying CC is a guarantee that I will have to shoot?On that point you are wrong boy.YOu live the way you want and so will I.I know first hand what works for me in fight,you'll figure out what works for you when that day comes.

Wiley

Get a grip, folks!

The OP said she could not afford to get a concealed carry permit.

If those of you are so upset that she must OC, PM her with an offer to pay for her permit. Please don't gum up the thread with a meaningless back and forth over the advantages/disadvantages of OC/CC.

HELP HER with money or advice.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
First, Welcome to the forum !!! & second , petite girls should OC, it sends a message to the, bigger than you male scum bags...((( don't mess with me))) with a Serpa retention holster, for the most part they are not gonna get your gun, unless you give it to them. Might I recommend either a Ruger SR9c or a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm. both fine hand guns.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

Shaman

The OP said she could not afford to get a concealed carry permit.

If those of you are so upset that she must OC, PM her with an offer to pay for her permit. Please don't gum up the thread with a meaningless back and forth over the advantages/disadvantages of OC/CC.

HELP HER with money or advice.

Thank You, sir.

jrmyclry1

one thing to ask yourself before you start carrying is:

Can you draw your gun and shoot someone in self defense?

That right there is a very powerful question, and does require some soul searching to answer, so don't be hasty.

I disagree. If you cannot immediately answer that question with "absolutely, if my life is in danger" then you should not carry until the answer is such. You don't have time to answer that question when push comes to shove!