Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10684, Raleigh, NC 27605
919-664-8565, www.grnc.org, GRNC Alert Hotline: (919) 562-4137
GRNC Alert 07-18-10:
Disclose Act In Senate - Act Now
Sellout Now Also Exempts Leftist Unions As Well As NRA
As predicted, the special exemption engineered to buy the NRA's silence by Congressman Heath Shuler (D-NC) in the House to the so-called Disclose Act has been expanded to include the unions as well.
Of course, organizations such as GRNC, Gun Owners of America and CCRKBA will be effectively banned from engaging in political debate.
Along with that it also does the following:
* Bans political speech by government contractors and TARP recipients but not unions with collective bargaining agreements with the government or unions who receive dues from government payroll deductions.
* Imposes legally unsound limitations on coordinated communications between federal candidates and organizations - possibly subjecting candidates to investigations and fines for activity they don't know took place.
* Creates highly complex reporting requirements - unlikely to impact unions - that would have high compliance costs and disproportionate effects on small businesses.
* Places more stringent "stand by your ad" requirements on organizations than candidates by forcing organization heads and top funders to appear in ads, stating their organizations' names up to five times.
* Deliberately and recklessly seeks to affect the 2010 elections by taking effect in 30 days without waiting for the FEC to issue instructions and rules so people can follow the law and avoid criminal and civil punishment.
Read more background on this:
STOP IT IN THE SENATE
The good news is that with Obama, Pelosi and Reid's anti freedom legislation losing popularity among the public, the odds of defeating this are better than they have been. So the time to strike is now.
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
* Sen. Richard Burr: Phone: 202 224-3154; Fax: 202 228-2981; http://burr.senate.gov/public/index....ct.ContactForm
* Sen. Kay Hagan: Phone -- (202) 224-6342; Webform -- http://hagan.senate.gov/?p=contact
I urge you to oppose HR 5175, the unconstitutional so-called DISCLOSE Act. This piece of legislation designed to replace the overturned and discredited McCain-Feingold law should not be given any serious consideration.
Use every step within your means to oppose and stop this attack on free speech. I will be watching the progress of this through Grass Roots North Carolina.
A Concerned North Carolina Voter
You may find your NC representative by going here:
You may write your federal congressman by going here:
Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:
Hyatt Coin & Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-663-5656, www.hyattguns.com
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Gunner's Alley, LLC, 203 N. Harrison Ave., Ste. 130, Cary, NC 27513, www.gunnersalley.com, 919-388-1991, contact: Ed Guerriero, firstname.lastname@example.org
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; http://www.cegunshows.com/
Ryan & Nina Leonard, Down South Ammo, Home of "SOUTHERN THUNDER" Exploding Targets, http://downsouthammo.com/