• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Interactions Like This One Are Why We Carry Recorders.

sevenplusone

Shots Fired on the radio, and Man With a Gun. so whats this mean? Dead bodies? In the house? Who knows. How you going to find out? SEARCH THE HOUSE! With a shots fired AND Man with a gun, I would feel as a Jury member the police were in the clear.

Really? They get there and see a guy still target shooting a single-shot .22 rifle. Where are you getting RAS or PC to search a house? Furthemore, I see this is a blatant abuse of the exigent circumstances exception to the 4th amendment.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Isn't it sad that a guy sitting on his property legally shooting a single-shot .22 rifle requires such a large number of officers to "question/investigate" him. It looked like the guy was out in the country minding his own business. That some citizen would actually make a call to report this is even more astounding. Seeing this, I consider myself lucky that I live here and not in California...

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
When I was out and about hunting years ago I used to have DNR and police officers want to take a look at my revolver. They were always "shocked" that I was a successful handgun hunter, let alone a handgun hunter carrying a .357mag. They would then suggest that I go shooting with them sometime. A 357mag is really minimum-entry-level for handgun deer hunting but I can honestly say most times when I hit I am close enough that the deer doesn't run very far... shot placement and knowing you and your firearm's limits, though, is critical.