• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ranges around Morgantown

Mykal_

Where do you shoot? I recently picked up my first hand gun and love to shoot.

I know of Marstiller's Gun Shop on Collins Ferry which is indoors and $7.50 an hour in Morgantown.

Up the interstate in Pa there is a free public outdoors range in Garards Fort onthe state games land.

The ash piles in Point Marion used to be a popular place to go when I was young. I dont know about now though.

Anywhere else that you shoot?

feeldasteel

Where do you shoot? I recently picked up my first hand gun and love to shoot.

I know of Marstiller's Gun Shop on Collins Ferry which is indoors and $7.50 an hour in Morgantown.

Up the interstate in Pa there is a free public outdoors range in Garards Fort onthe state games land.

The ash piles in Point Marion used to be a popular place to go when I was young. I dont know about now though.

Anywhere else that you shoot?

try pedlar WMA out towards Blacksville...there is a free range out there. Drive past osage area, out to route 7 take it past where Indian creek road meets, then start looking on your left theres a sign, Pedlar WMA....

Mykal_

try pedlar WMA out towards Blacksville...there is a free range out there. Drive past osage area, out to route 7 take it past where Indian creek road meets, then start looking on your left theres a sign, Pedlar WMA....

Thanks! Took my girlfriend and checked it out tonight. Only 20 minutes from the house which is nice. There was a lot of debris laying around. We policed up a good amount of the garbage when we left but ran out of day light so we didnt get it all. Its amazing how filthy people can leave an area.

feeldasteel

Thanks! Took my girlfriend and checked it out tonight. Only 20 minutes from the house which is nice. There was a lot of debris laying around. We policed up a good amount of the garbage when we left but ran out of day light so we didnt get it all. Its amazing how filthy people can leave an area.

yeah I know what you mean, every time I go there i take a bag of trash out ....glad to see that there are others who care enough to do the same. but yeah its not too bad of a place...I havent been out there for a while though. I work nearby and a few of us used to go out there and shoot at lunch....kinda got me thinkin about going this week sometime now! carry on!