• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Daily News (NC) - North Carolina law enforcement community OK with open carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.jdnews.com/news/carry-80560-requires-open.html

SNIP

. . .
Maj. Donnie Worrell with the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Investigative Division said he would not want to see the open carry law change in North Carolina.

“I’m for open carry because if I walk up on you I can openly see that you have a weapon,” Worrell said. “From a law enforcement aspect you’re not a threat to me at that point; I’m going to be more on my toes.”

While some people argue that a person carrying a weapon in plain sight could become a target for those planning to commit a crime, Fitzpatrick said it is much more likely a would-be criminal would have a change of heart upon seeing someone with a gun.

“People have a tendency not to want a conflict, so if they’re coming in to do a robbery, if they see somebody in there that has a firearm, they’re going to think twice about going into that place,” Fitzpatrick said.

. . .

TheFreeman

Interesting article. I'm surprised that some of the comments I read were pro 2nd Amendment, but not necessarily OC friendly. For whatever reason, most people seem to think that OC is primarily for an ego boost.

Morh

Hubert (One-Slow County), North Carolina, USA
i have to agree. Joseph Parent made himself sound like a jackass, “I just don’t do it very often for fear of uneducated people coming up and questioning me.” really nice thing for an "instructor" to say, i WILL NOT EVER use him for getting my ccp.

hydroxside

I hope more LEO think good things about OCers because most of your OCers know more about the law than your averege persons and r more likly to help LEOS then regulor people would