Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strip Walk

Strip Walk

Was there anything on the news about the walk or did the photog say when it would air ?

He said 5, 6, and/or 11. It wasn't on at either 5 or 6 so hopefully it doesn't get bumped from 11.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

I sure am glad I made it in time for the return leg of the walk. It was great to see some familiar faces along with some new ones. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon. Is that Saturday get-together still on?

28kfps
    Chanel 8 did not have anything on the opencarry on the strip however did have the results of a RJ poll. QUESTION: The U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled that gun ownership is a fundamental right for all law abiding citizens. Do you agree or disagree with this court decision?
    STATE MEN WOMEN DEM REP IND
    Agree 79% 84% 74% 64% 93% 82%
    Disagree 15% 10% 20% 2 6% 6% 12%
    Not Sure 6% 6% 6% 10% 1% 6%
    Last edited by 28kfps; 07-19-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    He said 5, 6, and/or 11. It wasn't on at either 5 or 6 so hopefully it doesn't get bumped from 11.
    Where are the pictures????
    Just one from last night????

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Chanel 8 did not have anything on the opencarry on the strip however did have the results of a RJ poll. QUESTION: The U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled that gun ownership is a fundamental right for all law abiding citizens. Do you agree or disagree with this court decision?
    STATE MEN WOMEN DEM REP IND
    Agree 79% 84% 74% 64% 93% 82%
    Disagree 15% 10% 20% 2 6% 6% 12%
    Not Sure 6% 6% 6% 10% 1% 6%
    Did you notice that 2 out of 3 of Democrats (64%) agreed? Glad to see that 2A rights cross party lines so significantly....gives one hope.
    "Let your gun be your companion on all your walks."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    who might have wished he carried my .45ACP G-36 1+6+1

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Rick View Post
    Did you notice that 2 out of 3 of Democrats (64%) agreed? Glad to see that 2A rights cross party lines so significantly....gives one hope.
    If anyone should know how easily a government can trample the rights of a disarmed society, one would think democrats should.

I thought it was channel 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsmag View Post
    I thought it was channel 3
    Doesn't matter anyways, looks like we got bumped. I guess it wasn't a slow enough news day.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Would have been perfect to work is in right after the officer involved shooting at the domestic call on Ft Apache and Sahara.

Something along the lines of: In other news, a group of citizens enjoyed a peaceful, event free walk down the strip while legally open carrying their firearms. Always nice to see the good guys carrying.

Of course...they would never say anything like that.

FUUUUUUU

anybody TiVo?

Why do they always interview Jabba the Hut?

Angry

They call him an expert! Muahahahahah!!!

Hey all, I just found this thread. My wife & I are going to come out to the next OC night. Odesskiy mentioned doing an OC night down on Fremont and I think that would be an excellent idea. Now the next question, when?

Count me IN!!

Quote Originally Posted by flagellum View Post
    Why do they always interview Jabba the Hut?
    Quote Originally Posted by odesskiy View Post
    They call him an expert! Muahahahahah!!!
    I don't know how good Tim's mic is. But while I was walking next to him and Tread, we where talking about him. One of my statements I said "He is a effing idiot." To which they replied, "You know his(Tim's) mic was hot." My reply was, "I know"
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

I replied in the news three comments around 7:00 am and Gave my honest opinion about Bob Irwins level of expertise, it was clever and somwhat provoking, but not trashy, I guess it got edited. They Should of Had more footage of Tom and his outfit.

Cool

Well, I mentioned Fremont because I think it's a lot more fun the the Strip. There's a stage with pretty good performers (usually), icecream, and Girls of Glitter Gulch. People seem to be a bit more down to earth. Oh, and sometimes there's that sax player, whatever his name is. I love listening to that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by 2upFZ1 View Post
    Hey all, I just found this thread. My wife & I are going to come out to the next OC night. Odesskiy mentioned doing an OC night down on Fremont and I think that would be an excellent idea. Now the next question, when?

Quote Originally Posted by odesskiy View Post
    Well, I mentioned Fremont because I think it's a lot more fun the the Strip. There's a stage with pretty good performers (usually), icecream, and Girls of Glitter Gulch. People seem to be a bit more down to earth. Oh, and sometimes there's that sax player, whatever his name is. I love listening to that dude.
    Carl "Safe-Sax" Ferris I believe, and I vaguely remember something about him performing some 300+ nights a year.
    Last edited by gmijackso; 07-27-2010 at 01:41 AM.

re: strip walk

Okay, so I am new to the forum concept in general, however it seems this is the only way I will be able to get in contact with people who OC in Las Vegas. I would love to join you all on your next walk and I was hoping you would be able to let me know the next time you all decide to go. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

I'm glad to see so many new users registering and showing interest. This is proof that our walks really do serve a good purpose. It's sometimes hard to get a big meet-up, as peoples interest seems to fluctuate. The amount of activity on the board is usually a good indicator of how many people are actively interested in Open Carry. Since there is no cenrtal authority here, anyone may suggest a meeting. As it seems that more and more seem interested I may try to set one up myself. For the people watching this thread, how would you feel about a "First Friday" meetup? I am yet to attend this event and It may be a good place to get some positive exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by flagellum View Post
    I'm glad to see so many new users registering and showing interest. This is proof that our walks really do serve a good purpose. It's sometimes hard to get a big meet-up, as peoples interest seems to fluctuate. The amount of activity on the board is usually a good indicator of how many people are actively interested in Open Carry. Since there is no cenrtal authority here, anyone may suggest a meeting. As it seems that more and more seem interested I may try to set one up myself. For the people watching this thread, how would you feel about a "First Friday" meetup? I am yet to attend this event and It may be a good place to get some positive exposure.
    Looks like YOU need to start a thread.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Keep reading the forum, the OC walks are always set up through here, so you'll see a thread. If you want, PM me, I'll be happy to keep you posted if something pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by demoniacraven View Post
    Okay, so I am new to the forum concept in general, however it seems this is the only way I will be able to get in contact with people who OC in Las Vegas. I would love to join you all on your next walk and I was hoping you would be able to let me know the next time you all decide to go. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    Looks like YOU need to start a thread.
    I was going to! I just wanted to probe for interest first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast