• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at Home Depot asked what kind of piece are you carrying?

28kfps

Made a purchased at Home Depot in Pahrump. A clerk noticed my firearm with a quick glance, followed by a friendly are you ready to check out? After paying and as I started to walk away with no one else in line the young lady asked in a friendly tone, what kind of piece was a I carrying. I told her and she followed that up with, do you have a CCW. Because of the tone and friendliness, it did not appear to be one of those probing questions to convenience herself I was legal. Therefore, I answered her, yes I do. Turns out, she also is a CCW holder and I had received my last CCW renewal from the same instructor here in Pahrump. She was a very good-looking young lady I say a 9, after finding out she was a CCW holder automatically moved her up to a 10 in my book with room to go to an 11 if I was to ever see her open carrying. However, I have to say my wife is a 32. Yep, putting up with me for 32 years makes her the best. I told the clerk about opencarry.org and told her if she ever thought about open carrying it as a great place to get info with postings on who is open carry friendly. She said she would check it out.