• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting encounter with Mgr at Fred Meyer in Port Orchard

Trigger Dr

My wife asked to speak to the Mgr at the Port Orchard Freddies re a minor issue. (quickly resolved favorably) The Mgr, Axel, concluded the conversation with a statement that encourages OC in his store. He said "If you are packing and there is a situation, I know I can count on your help"

We had a yard sale over the weekend and the first visitor was a lurker. He had an OC flyer in his wallet, and still took a couple more to give out. Also had a visit from Rhino22 both bought gun goodies ( reloading stuff)
Gave out about 30 OC flyers. Even the mailman stopped and shopped while on his route. Came back and picked up a couple items.

Last edited:

Batousaii

Awesome

Wish i knew you were having a sale there Trigger- hehe - i woulda stopped by.

- I too OC in Port Orchard Fred Meyers, they are always a friendly and accepting bunch. I am glad to hear the manager made positive mention, thats great news.

See ya around :)

Bat

sirpuma

Dang, wish I knew you had a yard sale too, with gun stuff for sale. I OC in the FM in PO all the time, never get any guff from anyone. Occasionally I'll get questions from customers or kids, but that's all.

Trigger Dr

Dang, wish I knew you had a yard sale too, with gun stuff for sale. I OC in the FM in PO all the time, never get any guff from anyone. Occasionally I'll get questions from customers or kids, but that's all.

still have a couple sets of OLD dies .223 , Lee factory crimp .223, unused 38-55 Win or Ballard, 2 # win 748 the ideal powder for 223.

Trigger Dr

I may be wrong, but I think that if a Manager requested your help in a deadly encounter, and you responded, just by making the request he has made you an agent of the company. If, and that is a big if, that is correct the store would hold responsibility for your actions IF you could PROVE you were acting under his directions.
OK Attorney wanna bes and real attorney types. what is your take on this?

amlevin

I may be wrong, but I think that if a Manager requested your help in a deadly encounter, and you responded, just by making the request he has made you an agent of the company. If, and that is a big if, that is correct the store would hold responsibility for your actions IF you could PROVE you were acting under his directions.

Are you implying that if the Manager screamed "HELP!" in the middle of the store, anyone who answered would immediately become an "agent" of the Company? That's a pretty big stretch.

Liability hinges on the negligence of one's actions. I seriously doubt that any court would hold a Corporation responsible for the negligent actions someone claiming he was "drafted" by the Store Manager. Proof one was approached with a request for assistance might be tough, also.

skiingislife725

I think you're off on that one Trigger Dr. Just because you decide to respond to a deadly encounter doesn't make you an agent of Freddie's. You could just as easily say, nope, not going to help. It's up to you, not the manager. The manager can't make you do anything unless you let him. It's not a contract, otherwise it'd be silly not to get something out of the deal yourself.

M

McX

He said "If you are packing and there is a situation, I know I can count on your help"

BLAM! there ya go, the truth speaks volumes!

Trigger Dr

skiingislife,
please read the post again with a little more thought to content, I specifically stated that "IF YOU RESPONDED".
I agree with your assessment otherwise. We are both saying the same thing. Once the request is made and an affirmative response is made is the main point. Very similiar to a request from LEO but without the force of law compelling assistance. Your acceptance and resulting acion is the main point. You have the option of helping or not, one is under no obligation to assist when requested by J.Q. Public.
Would I help out? Don't know without knowing the entire situation, but probably NO unless it involved me or my family personal safety. I am self centered in that respect.

Last edited: